1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Scripting help

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Fox, 15 Oct 2001.

1. I have created a script [much like PJ's SuperStats ironically] that logs the kills, deaths, etc, but unlike SuperStats it places the line of text in a seperate file, so for instance if JoeSchmoe was killed by Bioderm1 then it would send this to the file:

JoeSchmoe was killed by Bioderm1

The problem I have with this is not with creating the file, but with how Tribes 2 gives out the %msgString.

Here is a link to the code:<a href="http://people.mw.mediaone.net/bcz/FoxLog.cs">Here</a>

Here is an example of the problem:

FoxLog.cs Generated File - Do Not Edit
     -CDL-Fox(V) helpfully jumps into his own disc's explosion.

If anyone knows how to make sure that these 's don't show up, I would greatly appreciate any help I could get.

Of course the above is not all I've done :)...I also created 3 actual programs that read from the file that the script creates, and/or read from custom deathmessages, shouldn't need any help with those though [I hope]

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Try and email PJ from his site.. somtimes ive heard he actually responds :p I sent an email to him once about somthing and he responded like 20 mins later.

3. Great Dane

Great Dane <B><FONT COLOR="RED">THE LEGENDARY BANNED</FONT></

You could post that in the scripting forum over at Tribal War too. PJ reads and responds to a lot of stuff over there. That and you can get help from all the other scripters that hang out over there.

4. I actually posted the above message on PJ's own forum :)...I would hope he reads that!

I think I've come up with a work-around already through one of the programs that I've written :D

And if you haven't guessed yet, the eventual metamorphsis of these programs and scripts will be that we just might be able to get our in-game stats posted up on the web :)

The rather ironic thing is that PJ has already done this [sort of] on his last Sunday update with his SuperStats...but whenever I try to run SuperStats on my comp it freezes T2 :(

And besides, I wanted to try to see if I could do it myself :)

Wow, I think that's my new record for using :) in my posts

Last edited: 15 Oct 2001
  5. Great Dane

Your the man Fox!

6. Oh yeah, before I forget:

I just might release TWO new things in the next few days [or possibly even today]

1. *New* CDL Voice Pack!
    2. *New* Fox's T2 to HTML Stat Creator!

I have way too much time on my paws...er, hands that is :)

7. Great Dane

I am looking forward to the new voice pack!!

8. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Get in touch with Rayz, hes workin on some stat keepin stuff for the site..

9. Great Dane

hmmmmmmmm.....................All i get to work on is guarding the forums.