1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Shadowrun

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Dyganth, 17 May 2007.

1. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zkr1Z0zvoCM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zkr1Z0zvoCM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Trailer for it. Looks like I'm going to have to dig up some of my old Shadowrun characters! Wildcard - Street Samurai!

2. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

Looks cool.... does this require vista?

3. I think it is just for 360 and Vista. I got invited to the 360 beta a while back but heard such bad things about how it played on 360 that I didn't bother. The PC version was supposedly pretty good and thats what I had planned to get anyway.

4. Yea, Vista only

5. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

Is it Vista only because of the DX10 requirements? Because if so their will be backwards compatible software for DX10 to play on XP.

6. I'll be getting it for 360 most likely. The cool part is that you can play online cross-platform (windows and xbox). The down side is that you have to pay for xblive to play with xboxxers... kinda lame.

7. very lame. stinks of cash grab. Kinda disappointed shadowrun isn't a rpg. I remember playing shadowrun on the sega genesis years back. Fantastic game. Could do what you wanted when you wanted too. Eventually you did the storyline. Hacking the matrix was in the game. Fantastic stuff that console game.

8. I grabbed a copy for the PC yesterday and was glued to my chair for about 5 hours straight. This game is a blast, sort of counterstrike meets tribes, you've got to buy weapons, but you've got the lights (elves) mediums (humans) and fatties (trolls) the dwarves are sort of different altogether.

It's intense teleporting through a wall to slice someone in the back with a katana or blast someone in the face with a shotgun blast.

9. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    I don't install microsoft OS's for at least a year after release :lol:

Looks pretty cool though, perhaps there will be a demo at some point.

10. It's only online play as well. There isn't a offline game. All fps. Storyline? Don't know.

11. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    That's the way Tribes and Tribes2 was. All online FPS's.

I may have to take a look at this one. I just don't know about installing Vista though....

12. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

I'd definitely give it whirl..... if I had the system and the OS to run it :(

13. I can vouch that it's fun as heck on the 360. I love it, but its lack of content makes me question whether or not it was worth the purchase.

Every time I play it, though, I quickly answer yes.