1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Sneaking Peeks

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Mignonne, 6 Dec 2006.

1. so i was driving my daughter to school this morning, on the raido they were talking about presents, christmas and children and what you do to keep the *magic* in christmas for them and the anticipation of *what am i getting*. How kids, and even adults look for presents because they are just going to burst if they dont know. one callers dad had the best idea and i thought you guys would get a kick out of it. She said that her dad used to assign each child a number, but they would not know their number until christmas morning and then each present would be given a number. and then to top it all off, he always wrapped the presents and used duck tape. i thought that was ingenious... who would of thought of giving presents codes *laughs*.

2. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

I already bought your xmas present Mig...... I will tell you this much. It is a ticket..... a ticket to a magical mountain. That is all I will say.

3. oh you are so sick and wrong!!!! :) i got you the same thing :)

4. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    My mom would wrap presents using 4 diffferent wrapping papers but not put on the gifts our names (us three kids plus my dad who was notorious for finding out where mom hid the gifts). Then she'd wrap small presents using that same wrapping paper and put them in our stockings. Thus we'd know what gifts we had. Though she never told us. We had to figure it out ourselves.

One of our traditions was that we would get to open one Christmas gift on Christmas eve which was usually our Christmas pagent outfits. She'd be sure to wrap our outfits in the same wrapping paper.

One Christmas I got a Happy Kwanza wrapped gift from my father. We had a huge laugh. I half expected one of those multi-colored tunics!

Sometimes I hate this time of year because of all the memories I have with my father. Then I just look at Kendra and think of all the memories I'll have with her and it's all good.

5. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

We did the no names thing a couple years. My ex-wifes policy was harsh. Any peeking and something random goes back.

He folks did it too. Her brother traded a peek at socks for legos one year.

When he was 12 my son wanted a 55 gallon aquarium (fish geek like me). Well that isn't exactly easy to hide. But I did.

I took apart a floor fan I had in the garage and taped the parts all over the box. So one place has this weird texture from the covers. Another part is this rod taped to the side. It looked like some type of mutant train engine under the wrapping. Just before he opened it we asked what he thought it was.
    "It sure isn't a fish tank!" was his response.

6. Oed

Oed

We never had names on any of our presents. My mother or father would always hand them out. All of the wrapped the same and everything. Never understood how they did it untill a couple of years ago. They write the name of each person on the bottom of the package in a pen that shows up only under blacklight. They hook up a small blacklight under the tree on Xmas eve after we were all in bed. So in the morning it looked like they just 'knew'...very sneaky.

My siblings and I have a tradition of wrapping the gifts for each other in impossible ways. We have a rule of 'no tools to open a gift' so no knives or scissors.

A couple of years ago the gift from my brother was a bag (55 gallon) of popped popcorn. Inside the bag of popcorn was a crumpled up piece of paper that had directions on where the 'real' present was...messy way to get it.

But I got him back. I put his gift inside a block of concrete...took a long time for it to dry, but it was worth the expression on his face. All he did was take it outside and dropped it, but for a while he was just shocked.

Ahh traditions.

7. omg oed... i love it :) my dad used to do things like that to us.... now that he lives so far away we just get money :)