1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Soooo Sweet Thread

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Om, 4 Jan 2009.

1. Om

Om DragonWolf

Sometimes the thing that helps me get through the day with happiness, a smile, maybe even some laughter is to think about and share the good stuff that happens that makes me want to cheer and I am hoping you guys will share some of the good stuff that's going on in your lives here on this thread so we can all cheer together.

So here goes the first thing:

My friend, an oil painter who had a rough childhood and has a very good heart, becomes very depressed and sometimes suicidal during the holidays so he avoids contact with everyone during that time. This man paints incredible things. He called me yesterday and told me he made it through the holidays this year and he sounds good!! Yay! I'm so glad. Wooohoooo!!! This is sweet!!!

2. Om

Om DragonWolf

My daughter, you know her as Angelcake from WoW, was chosen as the student to represent her GT magnet school in Wake County's Gifts of Gold for a sculpture she made of a jaguar. Wooohoooo!!! SooooweeeeeeeeEEEEET! Yes, yes, yes!!!

3. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Good news is like cool water to a thirsty man. Thanks for sharing sky.

4. I am very glad that your friend got through the holiday season and I am also happy for the great events that are happening for you and your family.

5. Om

Om DragonWolf

Thanks, you guys! I want to hear your good stuff, too!

6. Full Otto

Full Otto Chain Gun Madman

That's great stuff there!

My good stuff:

My daughter at 15 and my wife as a team were the top Martial arts salespersons for the 8 schools during the month of Decembers Mall shows. The schools where hoping for 100 new students, they brought in over 220 new students. I think they won the bonus every week for the number of students brought in. My son at 10 sold one as well when we where there shopping, he happened to be at the booth and Sharon was busy so he talked to the parents and they where sold just on the way he talked and knew his stuff!!!

Makes me proud, sorry piece of dirt in the eye...

7. Om

Om DragonWolf

Otto, that's fantastic! I know how you and your family are into your martial arts. I'm glad you guys are out there spreading the news and good health.

8. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    We have a New Years Eve tradition of getting a DVD and watching it til midnight. So Carmine, my wife's nephew from Italy, wanted to sleep over and watch Ghost Rider. I had promised him earlier in the day that we could watch it, but my wife was concerned about Kendra. I asked Kendra if it would be ok if we watched Ghost Rider. She said that it would be ok because, "Carmine hasn't gotten to see that movie with you daddy, and I want to share." Bless her little heart!

So we start watching the DVD with our popcorn popped and my wife and Carmine huddled under a warm blanket on the couch together. Kendra and I are on the opposite side of the couch (it's a rather long couch). I look over at about the 30min mark of the movie; Margherita and Carmine are passed out. So I ask Kendra to go over and tell my wife and Carmine that they need to go to bed. So she tiptoes over and in a very soft voice says, "Mommy, it's time to wake uuuup!" She says that about 5 times very softly. Still no response. So she yells it and my wife and Carmine jump up. We all had a laugh and the two of them went upstairs to bed. It's 10:30pm.

After they go up I ask Kendra if we can watch the rest of the movie. She says yes and that, "Daddy, I'm not scared of this movie because I know that Ghost Rider is a good boy and that he won't scare me." So we watch the rest of the movie together. Just her and I. Movie ends with about 5 minutes til 2009. She and I watch the ball drop and we wish each other a Happy New Year.

I couldn't think of a better Hallmark New Years Eve.

9. Om

Om DragonWolf

Awwwww! Is kendra up for adoption?

10. Sentrosi

Officer
    She is not. But I am selling her cuteness for a profit. Gotta get her into a good college someday!

I am trying to see if Kendra will want to come with me in August down to the rally.

11. My dad let me know that a tumor that was removed has not recurred. Thats pretty good news.

12. Om

Om DragonWolf

Scotty, that's fantastic news. I'm so happy for you.

13. Om

Om DragonWolf

Some of my photos were published in two local magazines. yay!! yay! yay!!

14. Sentrosi

Officer
    Sweet Om!

15. jupe

jupe Shocklance Ninja DragonWolf

My son learned how to hold a teething cracker and eat it by himself. First solid food, and he was a pro the first time he tried!

16. Congrats Kimi. Do you have the pages scanned or are they available online?

17. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    woot congrats!

18. jupe

jupe Shocklance Ninja DragonWolf

Oh, also, this should bring a chuckle to some of you.

Snook's pork chops

*shakes head*

19. Om

Om DragonWolf

Jupe, awesome! keep me away from his teething cracker stash. I can't resist the delicious scent. Not kidding. I'll eat them all.

Scotty, they are of the art show installation here in my town. I got lucky and got some good shots. I think I posted some on my blog. I'll hunt for them.

edit:
    On here: http://kimiam.wordpress.com/2008/10/20/air-guitar/ The two guys wheeling the sculpture on that wierd looking cart was published in Cary Magazine

and here: http://kimiam.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/the-art-show-must-go-on/ The men working to place the sculpture was published in Boom! Magazine with an article I wrote.

Last edited: 13 Jan 2009
  20. symen

symen DragonWolf

I love it! I'm shaving my beard like that when I get home tonight! :D