1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Khorneholio, 6 Jul 2013.

1. SGTHACK

SGTHACK DragonWolf

Khorne, I am in your corner. Time will tell, hoping for the best here..Brohug back!!!

2. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    I'd like to see more of actual gameplay before committing to anything but it does look nice. What's involved with combat, groups and such. Right now, all I see are pretty videos of ships and stuff. More in depth info is needed.

3. Some other fun news. The Oculus Rift VR head set http://www.oculusvr.com/ is being set up to work with SC.

I am also thinking about grabbing the Drake Cutlass

Last edited: 5 Sep 2013
  4. Yay! I can stare straight into the support struts of my Freelancer cockpit in stunning HD VR. :p

But in all honesty... woo hoo! I can't wait to try one, even if it does make me so motion sick I can't stand. lol

But in even more honesty... they need to change the damn cockpit view on the freelancer. lol

5. As I was saying I am looking at the Drake Cutlass, but I want to see how much the Drake Caterpillar is going to for as well.

6. the Cutlass is my other possibility if I decide I want to go more military and less explorer. Either way I want a two+ seater because the wife is interested in playing but I'm pretty sure she's not going to like flying herself.

7. The Caterpillar is a 5 man ship, but comes in between the freelancer and the Constellation so I see it having a price point of between $185-$200.

8. If they keep up this pace for the next year and a half they'll launch with a 9 figure budget. Lol

9. It has already gone up 22k since I posted and it only took them 5 days to go from 17mil to 18mil

10. Last edited: 9 Sep 2013
  11. Bump for looks

reminder there is a spreadsheet HERE

I need all pledgers to fill out, please don't make me go do it all manually from this thread ;)

12. I forcibly added Asp and Sent to the spreadsheet :) Also if anyone looked I have a Constellation now.

And Granite as for as gameplay will will have a dogfighting sim at years end so you should see plenty of (alpha build) gameplay soon.

13. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I felt a tremor in the force. As if someone put my name of a spreadsheet....

14. Thinking about playing this game, it sounds awesome. I want to see more though before committing.

15. So took the free 10,000 UEC credits they gave us and bought the workbench.

16. I would spend some of my cash, but I still can't keep the hanger up and running. I followed the link you sent me, Ash... and it worked... once. After that I started getting the DLL errors again. I fixed it once more, ran it once again, and afterwards... DLL errors.

17. Weird, well it is in alpha, all you do is bug report and help make it better.

18. Yeah. Not too terribly worried about it yet.

19. I'm very interested in playing, but I'm not committing any of my money until I see that it will be worth it.