1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Khorneholio, 6 Jul 2013.

1. New Trailer

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Feb 2014
  2. you people have talked me into it. Just bought the 40 dollar package.

3. Welcome to our cult!

[​IMG]

4. I did the same thing last night waldizzo. Was just too much peer pressure for me to resist :)

5. Im trying really hard not to give in....But I have Waldo's big beautiful face trying to talk me into it.

6. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Matt

Ballz

I think that's enough of a push.

7. And it just hit $20,000,000

8. I will pretend that Matt and my contributions put it over the edge.

9. I second the ballz out of that.

10. Sentrosi

Officer
    I think proper appreciation should be shown to DtM for his contribution for bringing the total to over $20,000,000. And there's really only one way to show our appreciation....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. [ame]http://youtu.be/KjXlSs95hWc[/ame]

12. So we got a $22mil stretch goal now

Facial Capture System. We’ve researched a technology that uses a series of cameras to capture real heads and import them into the game. This will let the team more easily create a variety of realistic characters. In addition, the technology is mobile enough to allow us to take it on the road and capture select fans during special events! You can learn more about this technology at Infinite-Realities.

13. Sentrosi

Officer
    So the officers have been discussing Star Citizen for a while.

The one main point they keep bringing up is how to recruit for a game that hasn't even been released yet. How would we keep peoples attention during the time between now and, let's say, Beta? Do we just declare over on RSI.com that we're open for recruiting? What should the structure be for recruiting?

What happens if Star Citizen flops? Do we have a contingency plan if that happens? What do we do with all these new people?

There's a lot of questions that I really need answers to. Some of them I can't answer on my own. Some I can't answer because of the great unknown. So I'll be looking for feedback. If you have some ideas on how to answer the questions, and others you may have, post them here.

Last edited: 27 Sep 2013
  14. My suggestion would be to hold off on active recruiting for SC. There's too many unknowns as Sent has pointed out. We have a lot of time before we need to answer these questions.

I think we have enough interest within the current ranks of the CDL to begin coming up with answers, policy and procedure. Put up a Star Citizen forum and begin the formation of an official CDL division.

15. I have it from a reliable source that on Oct. 10th, there will be a sale for all the LE ships (M50, the bombers, 350R, Starfarer, ect). Only things that supposedly aren't for sale are the Idris and the Vaandul Fighter. Will have to account for the LTI and all that since I think it will be one day...

16. As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think we'll ever see more Idrises available than those already offered in prior events. They should really have a frigate or something that is smaller than the Idris but with larger crew compliment and cargo than the Caterpillar, preferably one where hundreds of them are available.

In foresight, however, it depends on how they define too many of those ships are "breaking the game"; an MMO is made up of thousands of players, so it's hard to grasp what they mean by overpowering the universe, unless they're going to restrict how many people can play in it :confused: