1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

State of the CDL

Discussion in 'DragonWolves Newswire' started by Manitou, 8 Apr 2005.

1. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Well, as some have mentioned (and quite stridently I might add!) the news wire has been sorely lacking in attention lately! Hey! Sorry! :p

There has been a lot going on, mostly with new additions to the CDL family, what with a vigorous gaming life, a great success in our World of Warcraft involvement, and lots of great times and events experienced by us all. The CDL is kind of like that big ungainly caterpillar when it finally is able to make its way up the tree bark, rough as it is, and scrabble out on a limb, hanging upside down, driven by internal instinct (a vision of something great and wonderful maybe?) to weave the cocoon and climb inside. What a glorious sight when the butterfly emerges and spreads its wings for the first time ready to spring into the new freedom of flight. Man, I love that image!! I think it fits this team quite well, too!

So here we are all flying around with our new wings and enjoying the world of the sky and unlimited gaming. So what's next? Hey, how about Battlefield 2 anyone? Yep, watch for us there! We see exciting things there on the horizon of gaming and on the horizon of this team - watch for it, watch for it! :)

I got a report in from our Dark Age of Camelot divisions as well, so here it is from Gaurak - give it up Gaurak!
    "I am happy to say that the DAoC division is still going strong. We have had a series of very successful guild raids in the last month or so that have been a great deal of fun.

In addition, the server clustering and new alliance has revitalized RvR for us. We have have had a lot of fun with both guild and alliance groups. Our new players are getting better at the smiting of our enemies every outing. As a result, we have been able to maintain a position on the top guilds on the server.

Cheers to all of our brothers and sisters in the CDL! Fight with honor as well as fury and your names will echo throughout the Halls of Heros till the end of time."
    Rock on man! Sounds like the banners of the CDL fly over many kingdoms!

Anyway, since we are so enamored with WoW right now (hey, that rhymed!) most of us are deeply immersed in those most wonderful of worlds, doing some PvP, doing some PvE, raiding the evil Horde, saving the friendly lowbies and generally being Dragon Wolves wherever we go. You cna find us there on Laughing Skull carousing the bars, wait, I mean doing honorable questing and just enjoying each other in the fellowship that is so cool to have in this team.

Sooo, to make an end of it, I would like to say I love this team and the great individuals that make her up. I love what the tag stands for and the long history and legacy it carries with it. Did I say I loved this team? :D

Oh, and by the way - "Tis Good to be CDL..." HOWOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Last edited: 9 Apr 2005
  2. Om

Om DragonWolf

Mani, did you start a new night elf character? What's with all this tree and butterfly talk? <3

3. Nice post Mani.

4. I am happy to say that the DAoC division is still going strong. We have had a series of very successful guild raids in the last month or so that have been a great deal of fun. :)

In addition, the server clustering and new alliance has revitalized RvR for us. We have have had a lot of fun with both guild and alliance groups. Our new players are getting better at the smiting of our enemies every outing. As a result, we have been able to maintain a position on the top guilds on the server. :samuria:

Cheers to all of our brothers and sisters in the CDL! Fight with honor as well as fury and your names will echo throughout the Halls of Heros till the end of time. :thumbsup:

5. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Yay! Gaurak, how can I forget you guys! I will edit my post!

6. Thanks Mani :thumbsup:

7. its wonderful to hear that DAOC is still going i'm sorry i know many people probablydon't remmber me quite as well as i intended with work and school i just am a little beside myself so i will try to post as much as i can.