1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Asp, 15 Jun 2010.

1. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    Interesting..

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8xgffQk-LrI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Talks about how gear will function at higher levels.. The look seems to be somewhat cosmetic but the mods you put on them will be what give you the bonuses and upgrades.. Talks about how the game will work in terms of levelling and questing, etc..

I like that they're not going the WoW way of making hurdles you have to cross to get point to point.. More customization.. You don't all end up looking the same with uber purple lootz by the time you get to the end of the regular content..

2. The companion system is pretty nice. Some of them can be a pain to keep happy but overall fairly useful.

Got my ship late last night for the first time. That was pretty damn cool. Ran through one "space battle" mission. Having all your companions on your ship and being able to travel anywhere is pretty nice. Pretty sweet effects.

3. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Do we have a 'guild' online yet? Just wondering because I managed to remember my login for the TOR website and found out I'd been invited. Downloaded the beta between Friday and Saturday morning and have been playing it since. Got my Sith Sorceror up to 11.

Name is Sentrosi.

4. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Don't believe so I don't think enough people are in to start one.

5. Lunar

Lunar Development Officer Officer

Officer

:( wtb beta, I would even play dark side if they gave it to me :p

6. My Sorc at 12, named Evilynn. Got stuck last night with a bugged group quest. They don't have the group quest completion down very well yet.

There are supposed to be "open weekends" Lunar, but they will be on a different server than beta I think.

7. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

Open weekends does not mean Open Beta for all.

Just means they are allowing more and more in for the weekend events. Still need an invite.

8. If you haven't tried Hutt ball yet its awesome. Has to be some of the best instanced mmo pvp I've ever played. Finally a game where they handled varying levels well.

Game was constantly ctd for me yesterday though so got pretty annoyed with it.

9. Sentrosi

Officer
    Revan is the server you're on, right Daleon?
    Just wondering, because most of my issues last night were caused by my PC. Getting random bad sector areas, so I'm shut down until Wednesday, probably Thursday when my Raptors will be delivered. Luckily I put my games on a seperate physical drive, so I won't have to re-download the entire game (which took me almost 36 hours!)

10. I guess so, haven't really noticed where the server name is listed.

I saw you on and send you a few tells heh.

11. Sentrosi

Officer
    I take it you're Daleon there too?

12. I've got all the classes up to 10+ except for Smuggler and Councilor.

My Sorc is a chick named Evilynn.

13. Asp

Officer
    "The size of the game client is currently approximately 27Gb."

Wow, games just aren't a CD's worth of information anymore are they? :p

14. Sentrosi

Officer
    Yeah. ISPs throttling downloads = longer waiting times.

15. Looks like no more playing for a while.

16. Asp

Officer
    Sounds like that's just until they go over their first big stress test weekend data.. Apparently they're going to open it up to larger groups as well, and with a new client potentially..

Video of the smuggler, who was my least favourite concept, until...

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VvU_l9qeuzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man I hope one of his talent spec's is that "nut shot" where his special attack is kicking the guy in the grapes to stun him. :p

Though the Indiana Jones references throughout were fun too..

17. Sentrosi

Officer
    Yeah, and that guy looked eerily like some other scoundrel we all know.

But still not my cup-o-tea. I loved the Sorceror. Didn't get far with the last beta test (like 17th level I think) but I did get to experience space combat the other night for the first time. Interesting. A definite diversion if you're bored questing.

I think the next go around I'm going to work the Jedi side of things.

18. Jennyboo

Jennyboo Public Relations Officer Officer

Officer
    I played Smuggler a lot loved it and the nut-shot was classic!!

19. Lunar

Lunar Development Officer Officer

Officer
    Release date!!!!!!!!!!!

December 20th.....just in time for all the kiddies to play on break :rolleyes:

20. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Yea I am sure the devs are happy about that release date, they are prob pulling crazy hours already and now they wont even get to see their families for the holidays :lol: