1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Asp, 15 Jun 2010.

1. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Just so I can get a headcount here, how many Dragonwolves have pre-ordered the game and how many are planning on purchasing the game?

On second thought, just post up on the new thread I'm going to make. It'll make it cleaner and easier to manage.

2. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    Even though it's staged, I like how the pvp plays out from an aesthetic point of view anyway.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FT4cLHU3Yd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: 10 Oct 2011
  3. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Ahh, so the Jedi is the Paladin of Star Wars? :lol:

4. Sentrosi

Officer
    Deadliest Warrior needs to do a piece on this.

Oh, and Asp fails at linking.

[Vader] You have failed me for the second time. Pray it doesn't go to a third. [/vader]

5. Asp

Officer
    SWToR site just gives you a bunch of junk link text when you copy it from their site, it's a pain to cleanup because the info is posted 3 times in the edit.

Don't I have to have failed a FIRST time before we get to the second one? Remember what happened to the Emperor, and that skinny twat from the 3rd ToR cinematic when they pushed their "apprentice" too far :p

6. Sentrosi

Officer
    If I have to remind you what was your first failure...[force lightning]
    Pray I don't have to remind you a second time.

7. Sentrosi

8. Asp

Officer
    Nice info on the abilities and crafting..
    Fixed my video, don't think I'll link from the swtor site again..

9. Asp

Officer
    For what it's worth, I love this comment about gear in SWtOR from another thread on that site..

"Damage is the same thing, but with damage modifiers and weapon types (assault cannons do more than blasters, for example.) Your level 10 armor can be your level 50 armor if you can mod it enough to keep it relevant."

No more "green is the new purple", you can actually pick armour and weapons you like and for the most part, keep them for extended periods..

Link on the basics of crafting in SWtOR

Last edited: 10 Oct 2011
  10. Very interesting on keeping gear relevant. I get so tired of gemming, reforging, enchanting new WoW gear every other day lol. Does anyone playing Beta know if they will allow addons in the future release?

11. Sentrosi

Officer
    Officially I cannot say.
    Unofficially I highly doubt it.

12. I suppose it would ultimately depend on what they are - such as admin tools for clans.

Last edited: 12 Oct 2011
  13. Sentrosi

Officer
    I have submitted a Guild Charter to the Officers of the CDL for ratification.

14. I see we have several Inquisitor's, do any plan on going Assassin? I have really been reading up since I'm not in Beta, and this appears to be a very cool way to play! If no one plans on going that route I would be very interested in pursuing this instead of the BH. However, I want to help the guild as much as possible and will go the ways of the BH if needed. Jet packs are pretty cool, but BH seem very, "tankish" from what the forums are saying.

Maybe you guys in Beta could provide some more insight into this.

15. Asp

Officer
    Much like any MMO, I'd imagine people will have several characters they can draw from in the end.

Myself, the Inq. Assassin was the Sith I was going to play, and possibly my 2nd character would have been an Imperial Agent. Still not 100% sure on that, though I'd like one sith and one non-sith character to start with.

In the end, you should play the class you want to play, as I don't think the roles will be as hard defined as they are in WoW. Ultimately, by the time we end up needing people for operations I'm sure we'll have all our bases covered.

16. I'm looking at either doing a sith inquistor sorceror with a focus in healing or being a dps Bounty Hunter.

17. Sentrosi

Officer
    I would recommend playing the class you want to play. There should be enough from BWC who could possibly fill in roles we may need. Or we could always recruit specific classes if need be.
    I'm also working on another possible ally. No word on if they ate launching into TOR but I've put a feeler out there.

18. I truly hope the graphical performance is a little better than what appeared in the "Signs of War" trailer when it comes to launch. Even LOTRO and WoW have crisper visuals than that.

Last edited: 18 Oct 2011
  19. Sentrosi

Officer
    I cannot CONFIRM nor deny that the visuals MAY or may not be BETTER or worse than the trailer.

20. I noticed both you Sent and Asp have banners for the Empire - have we definitively chosen a side for the clan (for example, on PlanetSide we are TR), or is this just for the duration of the Beta?