1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

The time for a new axe has come.

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Kaikou, 2 Aug 2007.

1. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

My bass is heavy, but the body helps make the tone. I can tune it without an amp...just by the vibrations of the instrument. Not that I have to tune it really!! That's American Made Fender Precision for you!!

As for stock strings that come with an istrument...mine sucked bad. I would get a serious popping sound that would make the "clip" light hit all the time. After I got real strings, never a problem. Even at five years old these strings still kick. I will get new ones that I have (Steve Harris Signature Series Rotosound Flatwounds!) before the studio, but for now they are still sounding good.

We have been looking into an easy way to sell our cd's. We all work, so getting to the PO to ship is sometimes difficult. Then there is the payment deal.

We, the band, will still offer it at $7.00 for the cd, as it is just shy of thirty minutes. That will include shipping to the U.S. I'm sure if dude ships from the Ukrain it will be more.

It will be a month or so, depending if dude got our info needed for the factory, as we have a copyright on our music, so the factory can't press anything unless we verify we are the copyright owners.

2. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

Have you not made it home yet???

hehehehehehehe

3. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Oops! :eek:

Server is down right now, so I will post when it comes back up.

Okay, here is the video of Foul Stench: "Metal as it should be played"

Last edited: 11 Aug 2007
  4. Manitou

Bump for vid...

5. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

Awesome!! But don't play when the kids are around!!!!

6. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

Wow, thanks for all the accolades!! hahahahah

Wait, you all are at the chiro for neck problems from being first time headbangers! That explains it!!

7. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

lol, I liked it! Not exactly my genre of choice, but I enjoyed it :met:

8. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

So, now that some have heard a portion of the Stench, are you sure you want a cd?!?!

No refunds....once you get Foul Stench, you can't give it back!!

9. Om

Om DragonWolf

You can't wash it off!!

10. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer

Governor Tarkin?

This thread demanded a Star Wars reference. I can't control these things people. So you'll have to live with it.

11. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

Our promoter is now taking orders. But it is overseas, http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=104161672 scroll down.

We will be getting several states side, and I told the band dudes that CDL gets them for $7.00 USD shipping included to the 48.

Like I have said, getting them shipped will be a problem as we all work, and then there is the money thing.

Also, for those who might know some things, our promoter is wanting to make a Foul Stench site...www.foulstench.com....but we have no host, and can't really pay for one....we work, remember!!! But he wants to do the graphics and all, he just needs a host.

We can probably come up with the money, but right now we are working on saving for our next cd, which will be a full length cd..looking like around 50 minutes or more (King Stench and Rotten Innards have a couple more songs written that we need to practice, so that may make it close to 60 minutes). Fortunately the recording studio likes us and is willing to do a payment plan for us! With what we have and working on, will probably take us over the grand mark for recording.

Anyone have any info as to a good host that is fairly cheap? And can be used for selling cd's here in the States?

We aren't looking for handouts. We do this because we like it. If we can't pay, then we won't do it. It will just have to wait. Recording is the main thing now.

Just so you know...the new Foul Stench cd is going to kick your ass. Then do it twice on sunday! You will be like "Whaa..."WHAP"...then on sunday you will be "Whaaa..."WHAPWHAP". Believe me, it's "for the children".

Last edited: 24 Aug 2007
  12. DonkeySmiler

13. I haven't heard much about Agile. Let me know how you like it, it looks great.

14. symen

symen DragonWolf

Interesting -- from the specs, it looks like a Les Paul made how Gibson used to make them. If so, it's going to be heavy as hell, but sound amazing. I'd also be interested to know how it works out.

My new guitar is supposed to ship this month -- I can't wait.

15. DonkeySmiler

Hmmm double post.....

16. DonkeySmiler

I'll let ya know how it goes.... Gonna get my friend who is an actual guitar player ;) to check it out as well.

I had put in an order for: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Custom?sku=519391

but Musiciansfriend was going through a warehouse move and kept stringing me along..... so I cancelled. During that time i heard about the Agile and how many felt it was better than Epiphone while being cheaper. So it was just a matter of waiting until the Silverburst was in stock. Seems like a win win..... Hopefully, it works out.

17. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

Nice looking hipfiddle there. Nice price also. What kind of amp do you have/going to get?

18. I need to upgrade my amp myself, so suggestions would be great. I've been looking at the Marshall half stacks as well as some Line 6 half stacks. I've heard great things about Marshall, as well as Line 6 which I am currently using.

19. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

Marshall's are some of the best.

Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi used Laney (Tubed). Probably still does. He also used Gibson's.

Really it comes down to what sound you want.

One guitar will sound different through different amps, and vice versa.

Shop around if possible. Take your guitar to different music shops, play throught the different amps and you will find the amp.

Then you will find better strings, and now need an amp change!!

Just kidding. Maybe.

The main thing is the instrument you actually handle. It has to be something that becomes you. I've had Fenders (Precision) and love them. I've played others. For me, nothing beats my American made Fender Precision.

As for my rig. It is an SWR set up (Workingman's stuff!). SWR makes amps ONLY for bass players. I got my rig before Fender bought them out. Not sure if things have changed for SWR since then, but my rig kicks. 400 watt Workingman's 4000 pushing two 10"s and a horn in the Goliath Jr III cabinet sitting on a Son of Bertha 15" with horn cabinet.

Gain and Master a little over quarter volume is loud enough to compete with two guitars (a Marshall half stack, and an Ampeg half stack) and a very loud drummer.

Mani has heard us in practice.

Anyway, get something you can grow into (turn up LOUD) when you really start to jam!!!

20. Manitou

Huh? What did you say??