1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

There goes the Cyberhood...

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Hyncharas, 9 Apr 2014.

1. So earlier today a startling revelation was announced to much of the internet that OpenSSL - a cryptographic software library that handles security for two thirds of websites, appllcations and even some operating systems - has a vulnerability that allows someone to exploit storage of personal info without ever leaving a trace. Worse still, it's been that way for two years so, even if you change all your passwords, there's a very good chance nobody would ever know if we'd been compromised before now anyway... nice.

I'm posting the thread as I'm sure some of us have websites that store sensitive information, particularly if people have used credit cards to donate, in order for you to read how it may affect your systems:

http://heartbleed.com/

2. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    This should probably just be in general discussion, not Star Citizen general?

3. Sorry, by the time I posted this last night, I was so tired that I thought it was in GenDis...

It's been really exhausting the past week which is why I didn't even attend Corporate Retreat, and I don't see it getting better if I'm intending to get a job. I may be on for the DFM Livestream tonight, or I may not.

4. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Moved! :D

This doesn't affect anything PSU or DW since we haven't used SSL readily.

5. Here's the question I have - most websites don't even tell you whether they use SSL, so until they plug the hole, is there any point of changing all my passwords when they still won't be secure?!