1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Theres no appropriate title

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Swift As Feather, 20 Mar 2006.

1. well..heh..i was mostly refering to the fact that not everyone that gets pregnant gets to make that choice...and are not lazy horny pyscho americans...that going out and buying cheap protection may not have been...well...available such the case of a rape...."excuse me mr. rapist...do you mind slipping a cover on your thingy there...i really don't want the religious right judging me for choosing to abort your child" see...not everything is so clean and cut when it comes to this subject...as we all have learned....

2. Not sure what the reasoning is behind that, Kim. I would guess it is assumed that a proper young woman does not hang out with the kind of people who commit rape, but I don't believe there is any guide book on "how to avoid rapists". It is pretty goddamn ridiculous that you wind up being the victim several times over :/

Yeah, human cruelty is only surpassed by human stupidity in magnitude.

3. Om

Om DragonWolf

I'm pro choice regardless of the circumstances of how any woman became pregnant. Who am I to judge? We only see someone on the outside, we don't even see the tip of the iceburg of what they are truely like on the inside, of what they have been through in their lives and why they make the choices they make.

I believe picketing abortion clinics is judgemental and cruel. If people really want to prevent abortions, they should be welcoming their pregnant daughters into their own homes and supporting them emotionally and financially. Stop judging and punishing women for being pregnant.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2006
  4. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

Aren't the parents pretty much responsible for a childs actions until they are 18?

I don't mind being hard here, but until that thing is born, it's up to the woman carrying it.

There are several species that can abort their UNBORN when they see fit...it's some NATURAL thing.

Humans don't have that choice of NATURAL abortion, but can do it anyway. Best they see a doctor who knows what he is doing.

And when it comes down to it...seems people would rather have some thing be born, that has had NO effect on society, unlike the animal carrying it, have no say.

A friend of mine...a very good friend, found out that abortion was thought about when they were the glob growing inside a woman. I thought "That would have sucked, I would have missed this person".

But then I thought about it more, on the whole scale of things. If this person would have been aborted, I would never have known them, so missing them would not have even come up.

If it isn't there, and you don't experience it.....what is the problem?

Is this thing in a woman sitting there thinking "Damn, hope she doesn't abort me"?

Now let's get real specific here...

Abortion is murder.....why? Because it is a Human? Just because you are Human you have more rights over everything else that lives?

Don't kill that mosquito biting you...it is a live being, and it may be pregnant!

That mouse in your house...it is a living being, only trying to survive.

While driving in your car, please don't run over the ants. Ants have been rather integral to life on this planet.

Oh, but wait, none of these have a REAL impact on our selfish daily lives.

SO WHEN DID A BUNCH OF CELLS IN A WOMAN HAVE ANY IMPACT ON YOUR DAILY LIFE?

The WOMAN would have more an impact on your life, if you knew her, but that's not your intent. You only want to CONTROL her and what she can do.

Damn Nazis....go away. Didn't FREE people crush you once?

And don't say crap about some unborn being free, it isn't. Otherwise we'd be talking about Kangaroos.

5. Amen, sister! :love:

6. You are my hero.

7. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Well said Chuk ;)

It all originates from the bible and religion, most people against it are spiritual in some way or very religious - and consider humans above all other life. Fact remains we are selfish judgemental beings.

Not to change the subject, but it's the exact same thing with Gay Marriage. The definition of Marriage is between a man and a woman. But where did that definition originate?

The wonders of being human is we can define our own words and thoughts, we are beyond needing some "Higher Being" to judge our rule of law. Those days are long gone. We wrote the dictionary, humans did. And thus if we wish to redefine a word we can do so at will.

8. Looks like we may have to revise God's word a little bit: Judas

9. Hamma

Officer
    Yea I saw that yesterday - pretty interesting :D

10. Well,

Obviously we pretty much always value human life above that of other animals. Right or wrong, that's just the way it goes. If you had to pick between crushing a spider or killing your friend, it's not really a hard choice.

As for it being a glob of cells, wait until you have a kid. Even at 8 weeks you can see this little clump of stuff on an ultrasound. That might just be a clump of stuff but at 8 weeks it is the most amazing clump of stuff you have ever seen. You can make out the baby's shape very early, even if it is only 1 to 2 inches long. It is the most incredible thing to witness and will change most people minds on when a baby is "alive". That baby to me was alive as soon as we found out my wife was pregnant.

All that said, the experiance has helped me appreciate even more what a horrible decision having an abortion must be.

I would never want anyone I'm involved with to have one, I would never want my daughters to have one. Of course it's a decision you think about and make at the time considering all the circumstances.

But in the end, I don't think it is my place, nor the governments, to legislate the right to make that decision.

11. Go Judas!!!! hehe...funny how even back in the day we were so ready to condemn someone for something that we "want" to believe....or someone elses interpretation of something...

12. Om

Om DragonWolf

oh...oh...you're asking for it now!!! /me freezes the surface of your margarita so your lip skims across the top instead of dipping in for a sip. Miracle? maybe...maybe not. /me sips the margarita out from under the ice cap with a straw while test fights to free her lip from the frozen block.

I'm a bit skeptical about the Judas diaries. We'll see!... I'm no religious finatic, but I sure am irritated by being slapped in the face by one-sided journalism. gotta give it a bit of time for the other side to respond.

/me hands a straw to test so we can share the super duper sized margaria. <3

Last edited: 7 Apr 2006
  13. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Wait! What about me????

Rayzer hit on some points that I want to echo. When Kendra was just about as tiny as my thumb and we saw it way back then, my heart skipped a beat. It truly was a beautiful sight to see and I would not have wanted anything to ever happen to it. But, things could change at anytime during a pregnancy. I would have been heartbroken had something happened to my daughter. Probably inconsolable for a very long time. But we were very lucky and were blessed by a wonderful daughter who gives me joy everytime I see her.

Knowing the world as it is now, I would not want to subject my daughter to any sort of decision like this, but the chances are that she might. I would hope that we raise our daughter to be responsible enough to know how to protect herself, but things can happen. If it happens that she is pregnant and she needs to make a decision, I hope she comes to both of us so we can talk about all the options in front of her.

Of course, the guy who got her pregnant would be strung up by his ballsack up on the highest point I can find, hopefully falling to the ground sans testicles...but that's a discussion for a different thread.

(and before anyone picks the above paragraph apart I would just like to say that the guy would be involved with the decision with testicles in tact, but no less the mental image of the guy strung up like that would fire through my mind for a little while)

14. Hamma

Officer
    :lol:

15. hey now....im just saying...that all kinds of things pop up from time to time...some valid..some not so valid...but if th is is found out to be false or whatever...because now we have the research for such a thing...who is to say that many of the "accepted" gospels that we hold so much trust/faith in...are not..or were not false documents...

and you can keep the margarita...don't touch tequila unless its accompanied by some salt and lime...im more of a bloody mary gal.. ;)

16. Hamma

Officer
    With pickles of course. :D

17. Om

Om DragonWolf

pickles are win!

oh, and uh...what were we talking about? oh, yeah. I agree with you, test. ...It's nice to think sometimes there are some things that humble the holier than thou types. Don't want to break their spirit, but would love to see them have to give an inch here and there just for good spiritual health and for the sake of humanity overall.

18. of course!!

19. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

"Well,

Obviously we pretty much always value human life above that of other animals. Right or wrong, that's just the way it goes. If you had to pick between crushing a spider or killing your friend, it's not really a hard choice."

That depends.

I will crush a spider that attacks me, just as I will kill a human that attacks me.

Only reason I don't kill humans is because there are laws against it. Many humans need to be killed, because their actions are actions that harm other humans.

Abortion is simply squashing "the spider". It is a fetus until it breathes common air. It is not yet Human.

Yes, I've seen the ultrasound videos on here. Looks human, but so do monkeys and apes, who breath common air. I'm sure you'd take one of those out without a thought if need be. Because they are labeled "Animal".

We kill animals all the time as birth control measures...Deer Hunting Season...that is basically now an abortion clinic for Deer. We have no natural predators in most states to do it, so the Humans have to.

Human life isn't all that precious. Just look around. Go downtown and ask the person lying in the alley how precious life is...they'll probably spit on you.

And then the thing about adoption.....the biggest joke of it all. "Just put it up for adoption".

How many of you that say this are actually adopting.....let alone adopting the crack babies, the retarded ones, the crippled ones?

You aren't, not most of you. You want "Healthy" babies. I have mentioned this before. Where is the line to adopt a crack baby? If you are so damn concerned about the welfare of these babies, adopt a damn crack baby, then you might have a leg to stand on.

Or adopt one that is crippled, so they may stand on your legs.

Until people start standing behind what they want...go away. You want that crack head to go through with her pregnancy, keep her in your house until she does. hahahhahah Yea, that won't happen!

But at least adopt her kid....I don't see that happening either.

So get off the dam adoption thing unless you are willing to stand up and be the one adopting. Then maybe I might have respect for your view.

Maybe.

20. While a bit harsh, I must agree with Mr. Ground Meat