1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Theres no appropriate title

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Swift As Feather, 20 Mar 2006.

1. have your math hat on tomorrow

I will write it out tomorrow or later tonight.
    I'm at work and can't work on it right now.
    Thanks for being honest

2. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

:lol:

My point is to get you to think about the answers to these questions! Yes, I could ask you why you went to take the poopie in the first place. You would respond with something like "Because I don't want to soil my britches." I would then ask why not? You would say "Because it is gross and smelly." These can be construed to be your truths in this matter - to some though, it may not be gross and smelly. (Not that I have ever found anyone that would agree with that.)

I ask these questions to get to the real answers. Arg made some good points, but I want to know how he came to those conclusions and what authority or source he used to arrive at them. From this we can then begin to track down truth.

By the way, did you really go poopie?

3. Withdraw the question~!!! Please~!! :eek:

~PM~

4. symen

symen DragonWolf

Maybe it is all just chaos. Perhaps part of what it means to be human is to try to find meaning in the chaos and impose order on one's own life.

...or it could just be that I haven't had enough sleep lately. :p

5. It would actually be more cool if Hamma would come back to WoW.:D

Zabs -
    At first I thought you were kidding with the multi postings...

The rapid fire posts are creepy and remind me why I don't get into discussions of religion.

You my friend are not God's instrument. I mean no disrespect - just don't tell me I am going to burn in hell because I don't believe your God. You might be offending some off us that believe Christ died for all mans sins and because of that fact, that beautiful gesture of sacrifice- there is no purgatory.

Not really my belief but I know of it.;)

...and before you begin to judge me as some sort of aethiest - I have a career long history with the church and I am very familiar with all of Christ's teachings. Let's just say we parted ways a while back but we are still on good terms.;)

I suggest saving your prayers for picking up those epic items. It will do you more good there then in this forum.

Much :love: from one human being to the other.

Honor-Valor-Victory

Last edited: 21 Mar 2006
  6. I'm confused,
    Did someone tell you that I'm not God's instrument?
    I said nothing about me judging you as an athiest.

If you truely are familiar with ALL of Christ's teachings you would not have
    said that I am not God's instrument.

I'm glad to see that you are still on good terms with Him

=)

7. That's it...I'm taking the blue pill.;)

8. Whatever you do, DON"T cut the red wire!

9. Just for my own personal entertainment and enjoyment.

I Am an Aetheist. What are you going to do about it?

Pray for me? Talk to the invisible man? Read some really old quotes of what some guy said?

And what will it all prove to me? Nothing, because I accepted my fate long ago, that people die, and rot in the ground. End.

10. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is getting fun!

Mani, we can't know anything for certain, why does that bother you so? Even something as simple as not killing other people can become muddy. I would say most of us think that killing is bad, however, should some body break into our home and threaten our loved ones we would kill them to protect our own. Some, however, would rather themselves be killed, for whatever reason than strike out at another.

In the end, we come to a compromise based on our cross section of beliefs. Why there has to be a "right" answer, I do not know. There are many view points on many issues, I think it's possible for there to be more than one right answer, even if those answers are conflicting.

But I think you're talking about one of the fundamental philosophical points, whether morality has an intrinsic base or whether it is relative. This sure as hell isn't a point we'll figure out here :p

------------------------------------------------------------
    Zabdiel,

The only problem with asking loaded questions is that they are often incorrectly based. Obviously, either way a person answers this question, you have won :) However, the basis behind it is simply incorrect.

Regardless if you are right or wrong, you cannot prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, scientifically, that you are correct. Why? Because, in the end, every major religion is based on Faith. You are not saved as a Christian by knowing that Jesus Christ is your personal savior, you are saved by believing, by faith. If you remove faith from the equation, you have removed the foundation of Christianity.

Oh I am sure you will come up with some very convincing circular logic. I am honestly looking forward to reading it. You won't convince me though, because I have been exactly where you are, I know the arguments, and my belief and faith have moved beyond them.

Somewhere in the Middle East there is a person with explosives strapped to them that believes with all their heart and soul that There is only one God but God and Mohammad was his prophet. He is willing to kill himself and others, knowing that the act he comits in God's war, will send him straight to heaven. So if he believes even more enthusiastically as you, and has even more convincing arguments than you, who is to say which of you is "right"? That's a rhetorical question, btw :p

Finally, if it was all so obvious and straight forward, Jesus was curing the sick, walking on water, etc...don't you think he would have been a bit more convincing and they wouldn't have killed him?

Jesus himself, while he was on Earth, could not convince everyone that he was the son of God. In fact, they killed him because they didn't believe him. So what makes you think that you can offer irrefutable evidence to convince people of your truth, what makes you better than Jesus?

Now that's how you ask a loaded question!

Last edited: 21 Mar 2006
  11. I am sure someone said it, and to them goes the credit of this quote:

"I have no problem with Faith or Religion; It's the organized shit that scares me".

12. Reading anymore of this thread is tiresome, i think id rather go sit in my pants full of poopie. Oh nevermind thats hammas thats got the poopie. I really wish this tread would just die away. Both sides have the right to believe as they may, and The Godly are suppose to be judgeing anyway are they? And Since when did Athiest's care what they said anyhow. So everyone needs to get back to the group hug and back to gameing. If you all really must carry on this thread get it out of your systems , because if the rally turns into theese debates id probally not attend another.

Shads

13. He didn't have to prove anything. He is who He said He was and that is all.
    If Christ tried to force you to love him, that wouldn't be love would it?
    I didn't say anything about believing enthusiastically. That has absolutely
    nothing to do with anything. Have I given you any circular reasoning. (nope)

The objective is not to convince you of anything. I imagine you might be the type of person when we all say the sky is blue-you would say "no it's not, it's black!"

Have you ever thought you might be color blind?????

14. Shads-your alright

15. Zabdiel, I'm all for having an intelligent discussion about it, but you do realize that you didn't actually respond to any of my points?

"He didn't have to prove anything. He is who He said He was and that is all."

You are the one that said you would prove it, and that is what I was directing my comments at, your statements.

"I didn't say anything about believing enthusiastically. That has absolutely
    nothing to do with anything."

What does have something to do with it?

" Have I given you any circular reasoning. "

You haven't given me any reasoning.

"The objective is not to convince you of anything. I imagine you might be the type of person when we all say the sky is blue-you would say "no it's not, it's black!"

Have you ever thought you might be color blind?????"

Actually, I'm the type of person that would say, "Yes, the sky is blue today. But there's a storm expected tomrrow and tomorrow it may be grey. The sky is not always the same color." I've had eye tests anually since I was 8, I'm pretty sure I'm not colorblind ;)

I'm happy to have a discussion, Zabdiel, infact, I would enjoy it. I'm not angry or upset over this thread, I enjoy an intelligent discussion. But if you want this to continue, you have to start actually discussing.

16. We could go to the lobby bar if that were the case and discuss poopie talk.

17. lol i guess we could at that, you guys made me resort to talking about poopie;)

18. nobody ever said anything about a bar, maybe i'll have to reconsider this rally thing...

And just like we all have different beliefs, you have the option not the read the damn thread :p

Let the discussion continue!

19. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    I agree with rayz here don't click it if you dont want to read it :D This is by no means a flamefest it's an intelligent debate. We are all adults here - can't hurt to debate our beliefs. This thread hasn't changed the way I feel about anyone here.

You know it, everyday when I get home its the first thing I do.

20. 100th Post!

Probably only 20 of which were on topic, rofl.