1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

This is a Tragic Day in U.S. history.

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Great Dane, 11 Sep 2001.

1. Then I pray for you.

2. I hear a lot of people talking about how they were dancing in the streets over in the Middle East. Then all we say is that we should just destroy them. Doesn't that make us just as bad and as evil as them? I agree that some sort of militaristic action needs to be taken, but it's not something that I'm happy about. There is no reasoning with them and I know that. War is all they know, it's all they've ever known. So if we have to bomb them or whatever, then fine. But I'm not going to be happy about it. I wish we didn't have to have the stupid bombs. I don't like to see any people get killed or countries destroyed.

I see too many people who want to see us just level their country, to the point that they would dance in the streets as well. Why? Because we were able to kill more of their people than they killed of ours. Does that makes us the winner?

I challenge anybody to name a war where there was a winner?

I just don't want to see this country be overcome with vengeance and hatred. That will destroy us before any terrorist attack or world war will.

Keep the FAITH,STRIKE with Truth!

3. part 1 of 3

Received in E-Mail today

4. Part 2 of 3

5. part 3 of 3

6. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :( and :mad:

7. Great Dane

Great Dane <B><FONT COLOR="RED">THE LEGENDARY BANNED</FONT></

Faith -

While I apreciate your religous beleifs there is one important thing you must keep in mind. The main diffrence between us and them is that we here in the United States have a seperation of church and state. They do not.

The minute you bring your religous views into this matter, and make it a Muslim vs Christin thing you have abandoned all that the U.S. stands for and have become as they are. Fundamentalists.

God is good, but he belongs in church. Not the White House.

8. Hamma

Officer
    Well said.

9. Hamma

Officer
    The time is drawing near..

10. Great Dane

They cancelled football, soi we have to have something to watch on Sunday.

11. Om

Om DragonWolf

My friends at TaeKwonDo who are Airborne and stationed at Fort Bragg....all on standby, ready to go.

12. Great Dane

Lee Greenwood - I'm Proud to be An American

If tomorrow all the things were gone
    I'd worked for all my life
    And I had to start again
    With just my children and my wife
    I'd thank my lucky stars
    To be living here today
    Cause the flag still stands for freedom
    And they can't take that away

And I'm proud to be an American
    Where at least I know I'm free
    But I won't forget the men who died
    Who gave that right to me

And I gladly stand up
    Next to you
    And defend her still today
    Cause there ain't no doubt
    I love this land

God Bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota
    To the hills of Tennessee
    Across the plains of Texas
    From sea to shining sea
    From Detroit down to Houston
    And New York to L.A.
    There's pride in every American heart
    And it's time we stand and say

And I won't forget the men who died

And I gladly stand up
    Next to you
    I love this land

God Bless the U.S.A.

And I won't forget the men who died

And I gladly stand up
    Next to you
    I love this land

God Bless the U.S.A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. Before I continue let me just say that I Love My Country I would die to defend it.

There's something that everyone in this country has forgotten. Our forefathers moved here to have freedom to worship God. That is what this country was founded on. Somewhere along the line this was forgotten and that is why we have seperation of Church and State. Right now what we need is to put God in America again.

Keep the FAITH,STRIKE with Truth!

Last edited: 14 Sep 2001
  14. Great Dane

Our fore fathers moved here to be free to practice their own religon. They left countrys where they were persecuted for their beleifs. This is exactly the reason we have a seperation of church and state in the U.S. So that no body of government could tell the citizens of this country who to beleave in and how to worship.

Our fore fathers were Jews, Catholics, Prodistants, Calvinists, Baptists, Quakers and scores of other religous denominations and sects.

So now let me ask you exactly who's god you want to put back in America? Your allowed to think and speak your mind becuase our fore fathers were smart enough to know that not everyone beleaves in the same God. Don't disscount them by trying to destroy the foundation of our Constitution with your religous beleifs.

Osama bin Ladden is busy trying to put his God in America, are you going to follow in his foot steps?

15. Hamma

Officer
    I wont be bringing god of any kind into my life ever. I dont have the time. And the nation needs to unite, as dane said to each his own thats why we are the free usa.. I myself will unite with my fellow americans, we dont need god to win a war.. Hes not meant for that.

16. Oed

Oed

I am shocked at what has happened the last few days. I am honored to be in a country where people help when things like this happen...but I am sickened as well. The following comments will not make me popular, but I have to say them.

People are attacking Muslems in our country. They are showing the same liniar and box thinking that got us to this point. We must remember that this country is built on our diversity. Just because someone believes in a religion, does not make them anti-american. Our diversity is our strength.

People forgot why this happened in the first place. It upsets me that children are being taught that this is happening becuase we are the top, and they are the bottom. The children are not being taught that the USA has pushed our faces in other coutries busines for years, we have funded revolutions, given weapons, imposed trade sanctions. We helped make this happen. We are not...NOT...inocent bistanders. We must take responsibility for our own actions as well. We MUST make changes to our policy and procedures. Our country wants things...things for our cars, things for our houses. If another country will not give us our things in terms that we support, we chastise them globaly, and they are to suffer.

I have many doubts about what we are ready to embark upon. Stamping out terrorism will not be easy. It will, I fear, involve genocide. The more military operations we conduct in the Middle East, the more arms will be taken up against us. The more we continue with our economic ways, the more terrorists will rise up in other countries to attempt to fight us.

We must analyze why terrorism is, in the first place. The more we do on the soil of other countries, to promote our safety at the expense of others, the more terrorism will be. I feel that, unless we do this right, and I'm not sure if there is a "right" way to do this, we will be engaging ourselves and our allies in a war that will dwarf the scope and range of WWII. And, I predict, the citizens of the United States must brace themselves against future terrorist attacks, both internal and external to our boundries, and in much more fierce or severe forms. Biological and, maybe nuclear, weapons may be used.

I feel there will be no end to this war until one side is extinguished.

I would also like to argue that this was not an attack on our freedom, per se. It was an attack on our economy, and the way our economy treats, influences, and affects the citizens, and nations, across the globe. Although, to this, we could argue that the attacks were an attack on our freedom...the freedom to do just what we want to do, in any nation, to any amount of people.

While we engage in this war, our economy will be shattered, all social and environmental issues will be cast aside, and our elderly, who rely on social security, will be forgotten about. Wars are no longer economically or environmentally or humanly viable. While I am firmly for finding out who did this and trying to apprehend them, I am firmly against the shadow and form of what the war that may be.

17. KO that is classic.

:mad:

And Faith, I agree that religious freedom plays a vital role in this country. That is why the talk of hate against all muslims makes me :mad:

But that religious freedom means freedom to put whatever God (Jesus, Alah, Bramah...) you choose into your life or no god at all. That choice is what makes the freedom so great.

I see nothing wrong with people sharing their faith, like the President does, my only issue is with people who profess their faith as the "correct one" or "right one" or "only one" or "good one" b/c that mentality leads to the terrorism we have just witnessed. Religious freedom is just that, freedom to choose whatever religion you want.

Rayz

18. No... they moved here to have freedom from religious persecution.

This country was founded on the basis of Life Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness ... not the freedom to worship God.

Government's primary goal is to protect people from the threat of violent death. Not to promote God. that is why we have the separation of Church and State.

What about those that Don't beleive in God? Where should they live?

Args

19. Hamma

Officer
    This was an attack on our freedom, twas an act of war. In what rayz said hes right, religious freedom is a big part of our countrys freedom as a whole. We have always been at risk of attack just like any other country.. its just harder to do it here (not that hard as we saw) Having any religion forced on me pisses me off more than words can described.

We will be attackig, its just a matter of time now. Whoever did this will be destroyed. You forget about the entire world is on our side, there will always be terrorists.. but this will be a lesson that their attacks will NOT go unpunished.

:binllama: