1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

This is a Tragic Day in U.S. history.

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Great Dane, 11 Sep 2001.

1. I agree with you about the above 100 percent

Well you seem to ignore the billions of dollars in aid that we send, the food the workers, the genocide we prevented in Croatia and Serbia, the massacures in Somolia, the raping of a small defenseless country in Kuwait.

Yes, we do some things for our own gain, but wtf does Somolia have that we need? They have no oil no nothing, we were there to help and stop the violence.

I do not pretend the US is innocent, but unlike your naive one sided view, I do look at both sides.

This will not be genocide, if it were going to be that, we would have turned the middle east into a nice shining piece of glass on Tuesday at around 9:05 am.

We will not blame all muslims and we will not randomly exterminate whole countries or cultures, but if you are naive enough to think that talking about our problems will solve terrorism then you have a lot to learn about this world.

I know the fight ahead will be hard, and I have no illusion that innocent women, men, and children will die, ours and theirs. Such is the way of war.

But the bottom line is that some things are worth fighting for.

If you don't believe in that, please feel free to move to Switzerland. Oh yeah, and you are allowed to travel freely b/c you have a U.S. passport, try go anywhere on a South African passport like I used to carry.

I am a naturalized citizen. I love this country more than life itself, and if the call comes, I will be there signing up to go defend it.

Sean
    aka. Rayzer

2. Great Dane

Great Dane <B><FONT COLOR="RED">THE LEGENDARY BANNED</FONT></

The United States of America has rushed to the aid of people across the world when there have been Human Rights violations that MUST be fought against. Are you to have us sit on our high horse and look down upon a world that is suffering? Are we to allow War Mongers to invade weaker countrys that can not defend themselves? How many people in Kuwait share your views right now?

How many of the Albainins in Yugo however you spell it share your point of view? The United States has not gone out and sought to bring suffering to the world, but rather has spent the last 60 years trying to end the suffering in the world. Are we to not share our riches with those less fortunate?

I do agree with some of what you said. I too fear that many people will die, and that Genocide may be the only way to stamp out terrorism in the middle east, but this is war.

Drastic times call for Drastic meassures.

3. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    And one more thing We must NOT blame all arabs/muslems for what is going on here, only about 5% of them (give or take) are extremest terrorist bastards.

4. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Let us clarify one thing here...

Right, wrong or whatever, the United States has decided to prosecute this war on terrorism and those who support it. War is not a game, nor is it supposed to be glamorous. War is an activity where two or more combatants try EVERYTHING within their power to subdue their opponents. Whether it be through the economic collapse of said opponents from destruction of their industry and commerce, or through the demoralization of the civilian masses from casualties and hardships brought on by this destruction, or if it is through complete anniahlation (sp?) of the opponents armies, the opponent's main goal is to win. Period.

The United States has decided to go to war. Since that decision has been made, we must carry it forth with every ounce of resource, every ounce of strength we have. Many people will die on both sides. But our resolve must not waver. We must win. We cannot afford to lose. The US has to prosecute this war with extreme perseverance and we MUST be VICTORIOUS. Consider the alternative if we do not...

Manitou

5. Hamma

Officer
    Well said.

6. Great Dane

That was said in a speech by Winston Churchill June 4, 1940. I think it is apropriate to say that as Americans we must now have the same resolve that the British had 60 years ago.

7. My thoughts on this past week

As I sit here tonight and think about all that has occurred this week, I keep asking myself, 'What has been the reason behind this act?' 'What was accomplished?' 'Who gains from this?' 'How does this serve anyone?' I have no more of an answer now than when I started.

To: Those who are responsible for the recent attack on our country, whoever they may be...

To start, let me ask some simple questions:

Can you find anywhere in the Koran where it justifys the killing of children ?
    If so, show us where. Now, find any five Mullahs who will argue the merits of your choice.

Tell us how killing people at random serves your cause.
    Did the victims control the might of our military? Did they control the flow of our currency ?

Did this act of violence win you mass support with the people of the Islamic Faith ?
    No, almost all were appalled at what had happened. Only extremists were pleased. The intelligent knew what you had done, and what you are.

Did this act of violence gain strength or more support for your cause ?
    I dont know, but I guarantee it has earned you the right to be hunted until you are brought to justice.
    Hope you enjoy looking over your shoulder and at the sky for what time remains on this earth for you.

Has this act earned you a place at the right hand of God ?
    If your God is Satan, it most certainly has.

Do you think of yourself as a 'Holy Warrior' ?
    You dont even have the courage to attack face-to-face. Nor strike the blow yourself.
    You send your underlings to do the task. Fear for yourself keeps you in hiding.

Do you think of yourself as a Man ?
    No Man knowingly kills children. Its not like the children who were killed ran at you with a knife...

Maybe the world would think of you as something other than a pariah and a monster if you had showed the courage and fortitude to attack, say, a military base, or a group of armed men. Instead you hide and send young men whose minds you have perverted and twisted with your lies and bizarre interpretations of what you think God has intended. What was the inspiration for your interpretation of God's will ?
    What made you think HE wanted you to be the instrument of his will ? Are you completely sure that you have done exactly as HE wanted ? Because if you arent 100% sure, the extreme nature of what you have done will surely be 'rewarded' with HIS punishment as few have ever received.
    You have made a name for yourself thru-out history as also, few have ever received. You will ranked with the company of Adolph Hitler, Idi Amin, Joseph Stalin, and a gallery of butchers of ones fellow man.
    And you will have as little of an excuse for your behavior as they did.

I dont know if you are the 'father' of any children. I surely pity them if that is the case. Your son's will bear the burden of knowing the monster masquerading as a man that fathered them was responsible for a horror the like of which the world has not seen before. Their father was the author of butchery for people killed solely because of the country they lived in. What a inheritance you have given these children, should any have been unfortunate enough to bear your blood. I should imagine their first acts as adults will be to change their name.

As for what the future has in store for you:
    To quote Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto: "We have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve"

You and your followers should prepare for 'martyrdom' At least in the eyes of others who have perverted their faith as you have.
    In the eyes of those True Believers who practice Islam as it was intended, you cannot leave this Earth soon enough to suit them.
    You have set the cause of Islam back a century. Innocent people of the Islamic Faith will suffer all over the world because of your actions. The 'Children of Mohammed' will question the choice of their religion because of the fact that a creature such as you profess it.

The long-term ramifacations of your act:
    As stated above, Islam will lose some of its credibility. The United States will in time actually be better prepared for more of the same acts as these, and even fewer will succeed. The United States has garnered support from all parts of the world, except those considered 'rogue nations' and which suffer under sanctions to keep them in check.
    We will bury our dead, clean up your mess, and emerge again as what we rightfully are: The leader of that part of the world which values truth, honor and freedom. Which is why we are the destination of so many of the worlds people oppressed by lunatics of your caliber.
    Madmen who think a terroristic approach to 'WAR' with us is the way to fight will turn their efforts to other means.
    ( WAR is the province of MEN, not cowards. If you had brains, you would fight in the financial arena. If you had courage, you would fight at personal risk.)
    Other than that, you and your actions will remain as nothing but a stain in the history of the world.

This is your legacy.

8. whether we like it or not we are at war. benlodin deaclard war on the US some time ago and stated that all the people of the west are his ename's.i love the US and will stand by it,but the government for yeres has nown of this thret and for wutever reason has never nutralised it .

part of the problem of this democrisy is is that its goles and positions on ishus chandge evry 4 to 8 yeres.the good thing abawt it is we are human and admit that.and try to hellp all in nead .

we do have the policy of helping peaple in nead and that is good we also have the polisy of terning a blined eye (look at ierland look at isreal)we do dayly bomb runs and fighter cover over northern irak to help the persacutid populaytion whithin the borders of irak but dont do the same for irland or the palastineons.

people cant be perfikt and thus cannot make perfikt deasishons.we will always have disagreement in how ower government dus things.and the polisees thay make .

but hell thats the point, freadom. the freadom to bord a plane and not get splaterd all over a city the freadom to go to work and feel safe the freadom to baleav in any god you want to ore none at all the freadom to log onto the CDL web site and poste yore own opinyons and to reaspond to others .

this war is on thows who want to take thows freadoms and others away frome all of us muslom, catholick, budist or aytheist..

i whish that i could be more compashonit at this moment but sadly i canot.long has it bhen that we of the US have taken a stand now we will stand on the ruble of NY and say no more.and if that is throwing ower wate arownd then so be it .we are a compashonit people.we call the people that did this evil let us hope thet we can end this whithout we awerselves bevoming evil.

9. Oed

Oed

You are totally correct Rayzor and Great Dane. We have put in coutless billions into other countries. We have helped thousands of coutries and Millions of people with Aid, human right issues, and freeing them from prosocution. I am proud of the work we have done in the name of humanity.

Here is what I was trying to say (in a nut shell).

I fear the comming battles. Not because of the human life, financial losses, and the pure desctructiveness it will take. I fear the comming battles because I do not believe our government will try to understand what has brought us to this point. We will, and I dare say, must totally wipe out a sub-culture. Yes, terrorism is a sub-culture. Not only our country, but many others will go after them and destroy them. What I hope for is that our government takes the time, a moment, to look upon itself, and our past to recognize what has happened up to this point. To look and see what things have gone on as to not give rise to this sub-culture again. I agree that we must destroy the people who did this. I just hope that our government and society is mature enough to recognise mistakes made, as to be able to see the warning signs of this culture comming again.

10. HAY arnt mime's suposd to not speek ???? (J/K):D

11. Hamma

Officer
    hmm this was posted one year ago..

Also this was on the cover of a CD released in july.

Just keeps getting more wierd by the day.

12. Oed

Oed

Something I got in my E-Mail today:

> > Subject: A view from Afghanistan
    > >
    > >
    > > A sobering essay forwarded by a UC Berkeley professor:
    > >
    > > Dear Friends,
    > >
    > > The following was sent to me by my friend Tamim Ansary. Tamim is an
    > > Afghani-American writer. He is also one of the most brilliant
    > > people I know in this life. When he writes, I read. When he
    > > talks, I listen.
    > > Here is his take on Afghanistan and the whole mess we are in.
    > > -Gary T.
    > >
    > >
    > > Dear Gary and whoever else is on this email thread:
    > >
    > > I've been hearing a lot of talk about "bombing Afghanistan back to the
    > > Stone Age." Ronn Owens, on KGO Talk Radio today, allowed that this
    would
    > > mean killing innocent people, people who had nothing to do with this
    > > atrocity, but "we're at war, we have to accept collateral damage. What
    > > else can we do?" Minutes later I heard some TV pundit discussing
    > > whether we "have the belly to do what must be done."
    > >
    > > And I thought about the issues being raised especially hard because I
    am
    > > from Afghanistan, and even though I've lived here for 35 years I've
    > > never lost track of what's going on there. So I want to tell anyone who
    > > will listen how it all looks from where I'm standing.
    > >
    > > I speak as one who hates the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden. There is no
    > > doubt in my mind that these people were responsible for the atrocity in
    > > New York. I agree that something must be done about those monsters.
    > >
    > > But the Taliban and Ben Laden are not Afghanistan. They're not even
    the
    > > government of Afghanistan. The Taliban are a cult of ignorant
    > > psychotics who took over Afghanistan in 1997. Bin Laden is a political
    > > criminal with a plan. When you think Taliban, think Nazis. When you
    > > think Bin Laden, think Hitler. And when you think "the people of
    > > Afghanistan" think "the Jews in the concentration camps." It's not
    > > only that the Afghan people had nothing to do with this atrocity. They
    > > were the first victims of the perpetrators. They would exult if someone
    > > would come in there, take out the Taliban and clear out the rats nest
    of
    > > international thugs holed up in their country.
    > >
    > > Some say, why don't the Afghans rise up and overthrow the Taliban? The
    > > answer is, they're starved, exhausted, hurt, incapacitated, suffering.
    > > A few years ago, the United Nations estimated that there are 500,000
    > > disabled orphans in Afghanistan--a country with no economy, no food.
    > > There are millions of widows. And the Taliban has been burying these
    > > widows alive in mass graves. The soil is littered with land mines, the
    > > farms were all destroyed by the Soviets. These are a few of the
    reasons
    > > why the Afghan people have not overthrown the Taliban.
    > >
    > > We come now to the question of bombing Afghanistan back to the Stone
    > > Age. Trouble is, that's been done. The Soviets took care of it already.
    > > Make the Afghans suffer? They're already suffering. Level their houses?
    > > Done. Turn their schools into piles of rubble? Done. Eradicate their
    > > hospitals? Done. Destroy their infrastructure? Cut them off from
    > > medicine and health care? Too late. Someone already did all that.
    > >
    > > New bombs would only stir the rubble of earlier bombs. Would they at
    > > least get the Taliban? Not likely. In today's Afghanistan, only the
    > > Taliban eat, only they have the means to move around. They'd slip away
    > > and hide. Maybe the bombs would get some of those disabled orphans,
    they
    > > don't move too fast, they don't even have wheelchairs. But flying over
    > > Kabul and dropping bombs wouldn't really be a strike against the
    > > criminals who did this horrific thing. Actually it would only be making
    > > common cause with the Taliban--by raping once again the people they've
    > > been raping all this time
    > >
    > > So what else is there? What can be done, then? Let me now speak with
    > > true fear and trembling. The only way to get Bin Laden is to go in
    there
    > > with ground troops. When people speak of "having the belly to do what
    > > needs to be done" they're thinking in terms of having the belly to kill
    > > as many as needed. Having the belly to overcome any moral qualms about
    > > killing innocent people. Let's pull our heads out of the sand. What's
    > > actually on the table is Americans dying. And not just because some
    > > Americans would die fighting their way through Afghanistan to Bin
    > > Laden's hideout. It's much bigger than that folks. Because to get any
    > > troops to Afghanistan, we'd have to go through Pakistan. Would they let
    > > us? Not likely. The conquest of Pakistan would have to be first. Will
    > > other Muslim nations just stand by? You see where I'm going. We're
    > > flirting with a world war between Islam and the West.
    > >
    > > And guess what: that's Bin Laden's program. That's exactly what he
    > > wants. That's why he did this. Read his speeches and statements. It's
    > > all right there. He really believes Islam would beat the west. It
    might
    > > seem ridiculous, but he figures if he can polarize the world into Islam
    > > and the West, he's got a billion soldiers. If the west wreaks a
    > > holocaust in those lands, that's a billion people with nothing left to
    > > lose, that's even better from Bin Laden's point of view. He's probably
    > > wrong, in the end the west would win, whatever that would mean, but the
    > > war would last for years and millions would die, not just theirs but
    > > ours. Who has the belly for that? Bin Laden does. Anyone else?
    > >
    > > Tamim Ansary

13. Hamma

Officer
    Pakistan already agreed to let us through. :p

and btw, over 5000 innocent lives were lost here. A fraction of that would be lost over there if indeed we do invade.

14. Great Dane

I can't speak for everyone in this forum, but I can say for myself that your tree hugging hippie rhetoric bothers me. It's things like this that tore our nation apart in the 60's durring the Veit Nam war, and it's not a sentiment welcomed by or even concidered by most Americans.

Your friend was not willing to fight for his own country and fled. Now he urges us to do the same? Is that what you want to do? Hide under a rock? Is that what you's have all of us in the United States do?

Let me remind you that the freedoms we enjoy in the U.S came at a price. That price was the blood of our fore fathers, an it is forever remebered in the red stripes that fly on our flag. War is not a pleasent thing, and inoccent people will die. The choice we have is to let those innocent people die here in the U.S. or in the countrys that breed and harbor the monters that perpetraited this act.

All I can do is Implore you to think through what you are saying. you cry for a loss of life that has not even happened, yet you seem to be completly oblivious to the fact thounds of innocent American citizens died. If we do not react and we do not react strongly this will happen again. Next time it might happen to you. or to your family.

How many terrorists will you want to hug then?

15. dane we have ben frends for along time .but i think that wus unesisery.alls mimemonkey sed wus is hear issomething i got in my Email today.yes he hase presented an opinyon of of coshon and wory but so have I.now ask me this 30 days ago how meny of you would say thay trusted all the disishons of ower government.sertinly not all of you and i think its unrealistik to trust all of them now.

now im not saying dont atak im just saying that bombing this contry will do litle good. we nead a full sacale asalt 500.000troops going in and i think thats wut we will get.

now mimemonkey has stayted befor that he is in agrement whith a strong US atak but just ses he is consernd on how we go abawt it and i am in agreement.

16. Great Dane

They took the fight to us. If they wanted to be left alone they should not have messed with us.

They need to feel the full wrath of the U.S. armed forces. That will include bombing. That will include ground troops. We must go in and kill all who oppose us.

17. I Got this from a sterling...a ex KM budy...

Subject: LETTER TO TERRORISTS FROM THE CITIZENS OF THE USA

No one knows who wrote this....

An open letter to a terrorist:

Well, you hit the World Trade Center, but you missed America. You hit the
    Pentagon, but you missed America. You used helpless American bodies, to take
    out other American bodies, but like a poor marksman, you STILL missed
    America.

Why? Because of something you guys will never understand.

America isn't about a building or two, not about financial centers, not
    about military centers. America isn't about a place, America isn't even
    about a bunch of bodies. America is about an IDEA. An idea that you can go
    someplace where you can earn as much as you can figure out how to, live for
    the most part, like you envisioned living, and pursue happiness. (No
    guarantees that you'll reach it, but you can sure try!)

Go ahead and whine your terrorist whine, and chant your terrorist litany:
    "If you cannot see my point, then feel my pain."

This concept is alien to Americans. We live in a country where we don't have
    to see your point. But you're free to have one. We don't have to listen to
    your speech. But you're free to say one. Don't know where you got the
    strange idea that everyone has to agree with you. We don't agree with each
    other in this country, almost as a matter of pride. We're a collection of
    guys that don't agree, called States. We united our individual states to
    protect ourselves from tyranny in the world. Another idea, we made up on the
    spot. You CAN make it up as you go, when it's your country.

If you're free enough.

Yeah, we're fat, sloppy, easy-going goofs most of the time. That's an
    unfortunate image to project to the world, but it comes of feeling free and
    easy about the world you live in. It's unfortunate too, because people start
    to forget that when you attack Americans, they tend to fight like a cornered
    badger. The first we knew of the War of 1812, was when England burned
    Washington D.C. to the ground. Didn't turn out like England thought it was
    going to, and it's not going to turn out like you think, either. Sorry, but
    you're not the first bully on our shores, just the most recent.

No Marquis of Queensbury rules for Americans, either. We were the FIRST and
    so far, only country in the world to use nuclear weapons in anger.

Horrific idea, nowadays? News for you bucko, it was back then too, but we
    used it anyway. Only had two of them in the whole world and we used 'em
    both. Grandpa Jones worked on the Manhattan Project. Told me once, that
    right up until they threw the switch, the physicists were still arguing
    over
    whether the Uranium alone would fission, or whether it would start a
    fissioning chain reaction that would eat everything. But they threw the
    switch anyway, because we had a War to win. Does that tell you something
    about American Resolve?

So who just declared War on us? It would be nice to point to some real
    estate, like the good old days. Unfortunately, we're probably at war with
    random camps, in far-flung places. Who think they're safe. Just like the
    Barbary Pirates did, IIRC. Better start sleeping with one eye open.

There's a spirit that tends to take over people who come to this country,
    looking for opportunity, looking for liberty, looking for freedom. Even if
    they misuse it. The Marielistas that Castro emptied out of his prisons, were
    overjoyed to find out how much freedom there was. First thing they did when
    they hit our shores, was run out and buy guns. The ones that didn't end up
    dead, ended up in prisons. It was a big pain in the ass then (especially in
    south Florida), but you're only the newest pain in the ass, not the first.

You guys seem to be incapable of understanding that we don't live in
    America, America lives in US! American Spirit is what it's called. And
    killing a few thousand of us, or a few million of us, won't change it. Most
    of the time, it's a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of Spirit. Until we're
    crossed in a cowardly manner, then it becomes an entirely different kind of
    Spirit.

Wait until you see what we do with that Spirit, this time.

Sleep tight, if you can. We're coming.

18. How about instead of bombing and killing right off the bat, we do something way more devious.

INUNDATE AFGHANISTAN IN CHEAP CRAP

Load up C130's, C141 & C5A Galaxy's with airdrop skids. Airdrop loads
    of bad porn, Gangster Rap & rock videos, evangelistic messages and
    other nonsense on VHS tape, drop portable TV's & VCR's, recliner
    chairs, bags of chips and dip, Spam, nacho cheese Doritos and diet
    Pepsi. Send them lots of food that is bad for you. To get to their
    women, send them cheap cosmetics, outrageous clothing, purple sparkle
    nail polish, thousands of pairs of brightly colored women's shoes,
    stretch pants & brightly colored sexy women's underwear and extremely
    tacky bright colored clothing. I am talking about dumping literally
    hundreds of tons of worthless crap on their country. Send them the
    kinds of things that the Taiwan does not want them to have. Elvis
    paintings on black velvet, hair spray and enough makeup to make every
    Afghani woman look like Tammy Faye Baker. Send in tons of Pokeman,
    power rangers, everything that was ever made for Barbie, enough candy
    and gum to give every kid in Afghanistan a belly ache and bad teeth.
    Give them Nikes and Reeboks, Nintendo and portable walkmen
    stereos. Send them anything that is cheap, bright colored, flashy,
    irreverent, sexually graphic, stupid or smelly. Aerial spray them with
    Liz Taylor Designer perfume. Send them Jimmy Dean Sausage biscuits and
    microwave ovens. Send them an unbelievable amount of stuff floating
    out of the sky for days on end. Airdrop tons of Penthouse, Hustler,
    WWF Wrestling, Gay Humor, bad sitcoms, stuff that just leaves them
    scratching their heads wondering what in the hell is gonna fall out of
    the sky next.

The idea here is to make it impossible for the Taiwan to keep control
    of their people. Spur their black market with tonnage of worthless
    crap. I know this is weird, but think about it, we could make it
    totally impossible for their government to handle anything due to all
    of the stuff falling out of the air.

Pass this on to everyone you know. Cheapness and tacky crap completely
    covering Afghanistan. Sit back and watch them try to figure out what
    in the hell a bunch of cheap Puerto Rican hooker clothing and makeup
    is doing on their women and baggy pants and skateboards on their
    youth. Sending them enough worthless crap to completely cover their
    conservative country would be very hard on them. Their strict Muslim
    society can not deal with cheap trashy stuff. Give their people a
    taste of the cheapness and they will be hooked like it was heroin.
    What the heck, send them our confiscated crack and meth also. The idea
    is to make it impossible for the Taiwan to maintain order and drive
    them crazy in the process. Just imagine the look on their faces when
    an easyboy recliner, a TV&VCR and a bunch of Budweiser and Doritos
    land in their back yard. The key here is to drop such a ridiculous
    amount of cheap crap on them that they are totally overwhelmed. Just
    imagine an Afghani woman with a purple feather Boa and red pumps.
    Also lets forward all of our junk mail and mortgage offers over to them.
    NUFF SAID

19. [​IMG]

20. Oed

Oed

Schrike, you are correct.

I do not consider myself a Tree hugging hippy. I just believe in destroying the people responsible, and the people harboring them. The Afgan people are inocents here as well...actually they are worse. They are starving and being killed by there own 'government'. If we just randomly bomb Afgan, we are no better than the bastards who took down the towers. We have the technology, we have the power, and we have the control to strike what is important with the minimum of damage to the civilians of the sorry asses we are doing it to (whatever country that ends up being).

I pride myself in the fact the the US is able to do this, I just hope they choose to do it.