1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Tribes: Vengeance closed beta

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Racewiz, 9 Jun 2004.

1. Lemme 'ask a guy' and see what I can do~!

~PM~

2. Jouster

Jouster DragonWolf

hmm...Should I share or am I a greedy bastard?

Hmmmmmm...

3. Are you puting words in my mouth or are you trying to develop a sense of humor...?

~PM~

4. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

I have a question, how are the armors both in physics and in damage taking?

5. The lights and mediums are about right - the heavies are a little tough to kill right now. Also in this build, the sniper now projects a longer beam than it did before - pretty much a carbon copy of the way it acts in T2. They are still tweaking out the physics - it's better in this build - more adjustments are coming as we get more experience from the beta players. It's shaping up to be a fun game - the action is fast. Look forward to seeing some of you in the beta and hearing your opinions.
    Is anyone interested in seeing some more video? I can capture a few clips of things if you'd like - let me know what you want to see and I'll see if I can put something together.

6. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

So the sniper rifle is a "laser-rifle" again? not quite sure how I feel about this.... I was looking forward to not being as easily discovered.

Last edited: 31 Jul 2004
  7. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

It would be cool to see some of the vehicles in action along with the hook thing.

8. Yeah, not sure why they changed it - the beam was a lot shorter and more like a bolt dirver originally. Now it leaves a full line for about a 1/2 sec and fades - much like T2 - snipers are still just as effective - the visibility (at least with my card) includes a lot of fogging so it will be hard to find a sniper on the edge of visibility. Players in general are harder to see at a distance.

9. I'll see what I can do. :D

10. I'm in for some movies Marsman! Just let me grab the popcorn. :)

11. How goes it beta testers?

12. for those asking there will be a unique CD key for each DL from FP from what the dev team has said.

13. I'd be interested in knowing how the record feature works. The UT engine does not come with a standardized recording feature for players.
    However, a Third party has created one and I intend to give it a test later tonight... (for UT2K4 of course...) :D

~PM~

14. I do belive the open beta is almost upon us!

15. OMG...no way!!

16. All indications point to later this week.
    I was bored and checked out FP when K-Sera posted about it and it wasn't there. Ended up digging around and learned KineticPoet said sometime this week and Friday would seem most logical.

17. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    You feeling ok Reign?

18. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    hehe, evil plan taking shape. I secretly implanted Reign's brain with one that no longer has the TWL chip inside of it. He remembers nothing of his time there.

Hamma, you're next.

wait....

19. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

:lol: