1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Tribes: Vengeance closed beta

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Racewiz, 9 Jun 2004.

1. Never said I'd download it.

2. I did.
    Who's got it so I can 'buddy' you...
    :)

~PM~

3. i do, but these damn lock ups suck

4. I got it...and Lunarwarrior seems to play the most so if you make him a buddy it easy to find us.

5. Groovy, so far I only logged Marsman (but haven't had a chance to play more than 15 min)...

Thanx~!

~PM~

6. I play "Peacemaker"

7. Ok, it's official now... I have my IGN-Founders subscription to Gamespy.

8. Got it, and wow, have to say I seriously like this game. Runs like butter, looks great, sounds good, vehicles are a blast, weapons are ok. Maps are fairly good to. I think they got a winner.

9. From Evil Avatar

Vivendi Universal has announced that Tribes: Vengeance has Gone Gold.
    Vivendi Universal Games announced today that their upcoming PC first-person action game Tribes: Vengeance has gone gold and will ship to retail stores in the United States on October 5th. A multiplayer demo for the game will be made available online before the game is released.

A single-player trial version for Tribes: Vengeance and more information about the game can be found at the official website: http://www.tribesvengeance.com.

In Tribes: Vengeance gamers become immersed in a roiling galactic thriller. Throughout the game, the player catches glimpses of a myriad of interrelated stories that unfold behind-the-scenes and is given the opportunity to experience the full scope of the single-player story through multiple viewpoints and characters. Utilizing the all-new Vengeance Engine powered by Unreal™ technology, the world is brought to life with characters that have facial expressions and fully-realized personalities, vehicles that kick up dust as they pass by, and weapons that display spectacular effects. Tribes: Vengeance will also build upon the Tribes series’ legendary online multiplayer action by continuing to focus on team-oriented goals and fluid movement. Particular focus is being given to making Tribes: Vengeance easily accessible to the video game modification (MOD) community. Irrational Games and VU Games have worked together to ensure that Tribes: Vengeance’s game modification tools are easily accessible and robust.

10. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

I hope they fixed all the issues.

I still am not sold on this game. The inventory access is silly and cumbersome, the flag tossing is too difficult, base rape is too easy and hard to recover from, capping is insane once the base is raped due to the fact you respawn in medium armor (making it nearly impossible to chase cappers in light).

Personally I am not sold on the engine - I loved the old Tribes 2 engine. Maybe I am a purist for Tribes the game, but this game feels like UT2K4 with jet-packs.

Sorry to seem so pessimistic and cynical! :(

11. hmmm, kind of sounds like some poeple when T2 came out. ;)

12. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

I feel the same way, at least tribes 2 had a lot of the elements that T1 had. Even just playing the game without trying to compare it to tribes, it feels like nothing greater than an UT2k4 mod.