1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Warhammer 40,000: The Tiadein Chronicles

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Hyncharas, 19 Aug 2004.

1. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    /emote WIKI WIKI

Very interesting read Hynch. Can't wait to hear more. I love reading up on any games mythical history.

2. I expect some comments when I get around to doing concept art for the armor based on this animal...

3. Nice work Hyncharas.

I hope it sees the light of day as I am an avid 40k player with just over 5000 points of Thousand Sons that I work over every few weeks or so :D

4. This reminds me, I need to paint my cadians.

5. I eat Guard for breakfast, Space Marines for Lunch, and Eldar for Dinner......mmmmmm those wraith guard taste good :rawr:

6. random chaos freakout FTL.

7. It's just really something for when the game comes out. Ok, so you probably won't get on the Closed Beta unless you're very, very lucky, but you will still be able to say:
    "Hey, did you know that our clan had a character class named after us?"
    :)

8. The character-classes for each Chiron Avatar have now been completed. There are six of them, and each has their own fictional background key to the histories of the animal they represent. When the game is released, the list of choices will form like this:
    • Chiron Stormbreaker -- Stratos/Air Prime Element;
    • Chiron Physpia -- Melifus/Water Prime Element;
    • Chiron Ncarren Dragonwolf -- Pyrus/Fire Prime Element;
    • Chiron Norvax -- Orbus/Earth Prime Element;
    • Chiron Moravia -- Impetus/Spacial Prime Element (Space);
    • Chiron Kither -- Quintessence/Temporal Prime Element (Time).
    It is unknown at this time whether or not players will be able to choose their avatar, or if will simply bound to the strongest Prime Element they have. In the storyline, Pyrus has always been the strongest Prime Element in Arandra's bloodline, so that is why a Ncarren Dragonwolf will be used for both him and his sister's avatars. Of course players will be able to change that avatar after extensive use of a particular Element, as the balance shifts, perhaps acting as a compromise for gameplay-purposes.

If this former happens for the game, the following will be done to help distinguish one Archanar Element from another: the colour-coding for Chirons is different to what you might expect from the colour of the animals themselves.

Each Chiron Conflictarmor-avatar was originally meant to have the colour of their eyes and swatch plating of their chassis, but this is no longer the case. Instead, each will still have the same colouring of eyes and parts of the armour-lighting for the Prime Element they belong to, but the armour itself will either be black or white: depending on if they are a Shadow Archanar or Ether Archanar user, respectively.

The Chiron Primalblades will also share the colour of the armour, as at least one of them becomes part of its chassis in Avatar-mode, while the other stays with the pilot for their own defence.

There are also plans to use the previous design to replace the appearance for Sentinar Conflictarmor; with the exception they wouldn't have black or white plating because their pilots won't be Archanar users.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2005
  9. If loyal people of MMOs or Warhammer 40,000 alike are still watching this thread, I thank you for your support.

As part of my ongoing attempt to get the game developed, I have the following things to say. Due to a number of technical issues, the game will probably be built in the Unreal 3 Engine. I've been exploring these problems in length with SOURCE but found they just couldn't be resolved the way I want them to; the overall surface-area of maps being too small, for one reason.

Next, I have forwarded a request to Webzen Games (the developers of Huxley) to see whether they want to take up my game-proposal... unfortunately, the chances are this game won't even begin development by them until August-2006. I've been trying to get this built within the 30th Anniversary of Games Workshop this year, but I've found a problem where most developers either don't accept game submissions - much less speak to you - so there very little I can do about most of the gaming industry being rude to consumers. Sorry.

Lastly, I've been talking to developers abroad for months looking for employment with the same level of success, and I think I'll focus on that for the time being. There's not much I can do until Webzen get back to me, so I might as well just continue on with what needs to be finished for Legacy of Evil (Chapter 1)... then I'll know more.

10. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Keep up the hard work, Hynch!!!

11. I don't want to spoil it for players, though I will say I spoke to Epicgames just the other day about something I want to make a very-profound impact with.

I won't go into too many details because it may not even work in practice, but there is a feature being developed for UT2007's Onslaught Mode known as "Seamless Technology", which I hope can be greately expanded on when The Tiadein Chronicles is developed. If you want to know a little more about this, check out this video done at E3 with Epicgames' President, Mike Capps.

12. After completion of my degree (which is now being considered by Portsmouth University), it is my plan that my family and I will be emigrating to the Canada area, probably either Toronto or St Catherines. This is mainly since there aren't many groups to choose from where I live now, and the only widespread company is Electronic Arts. EA has worked with both THQ and the Unreal 3 Engine in the past, and will probably be the most-likely people who will be building my "Transition MMO" in the long run. Another reason is most of the actors I have specially selected also work from/are the birthplace of Canada, so if I live up there it will be easiest for everybody in that regard.

I've tried other developers for nearly 7 months, but because most companies already have projects of their own already in development, they just don't want to know. It is my hope that either EA or a subsidiary company of them will take my idea into consideration.

In the meantime I have begun to create concept art for the project as, although there is no detailed plotline down on-paper, I've decided that the best way my game will have a good script behind it is if its Executive Producer is a professional scriptwriter. This is because my work in mods hardly qualifies, and I don't want to end up writing a cinematic script people will love to hate; the whole goal of the project has been written to appeal mainly to WH40K fans, not just players of MMOs or FPS titles.

Last edited: 4 Mar 2006
  13. I know there is an EA in Vancouver, and bioware is headquartered in Edmonton. I live near Vancouver and I can tell you that you would not be short of any kind of voice or acting talent in that city. It's called Hollywood north for a reason. I think there is also a division of Rockstar games that operates out of Vancouver. These might be worth looking into.

14. They actually have two studios for EA in Canada, one in Vancouver and another in Montreal (the one in Montreal, of course, having their huge motion-capture studio).

As for Rockstar, they've just announced a new game in development so they're hardly going to want to take on another right now

15. hmm if your moving that close that means you can come to the CDL Ralley

16. 1,000+ pageviews

yay :)

17. With just the script and discussions on online events having to be the written for the game, I have been since writing about some "other" stories or games to be done after The Tiadein Chronicles is complete, also in WH40K. While some will still be of my own imaginations (possibly a sequel to WH40KTTC), I have also been thinking of bringing the collection of Gaunt's Ghosts stories as a trilogy of normal SP/MP games spanning groups of the novels together.

Another idea is a machinima-series to tell the stories of The Fall; a time when the Eldar's homeworld was destroyed...

Before I too wrapped up in sounding my own trumpet again, however, I would like to to take thisopportunity to wish Games Workshop a Happy 20th Anniversary of the release of Warhammer 40,000 universe! :cheers:

Last edited: 14 Mar 2006
  18. Is this the same "Warhammer" that Mythic is suppose to release next year?

19. No, thats Warhammer Fantasy. This is 40k

20. Yeah, there are apparently (I think) two Warhammer games in development at the moment. The first is called Warhammer: Mark of Chaos and is a more-streamlined RTS game being done by Namco.

The second one you are talking about now actually has a proper name and is called Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (or WAR as it is also being called), being built by Mythic Entertainment. The unfortunate fear I have for this game is it might be the title that was originally canned by SSL 3 years ago and, we may, eventually, end up having the same thing happen here with it... :(

The biggest problem I've had trying to get my own thing developed has been that the Dawn of War RTS-series has been in development for some time, and I think developers are perfectly ok with seeing two games in one franchise but have their doubts about the same thing in the other. Maybe I should email Mythic and ask them how they got the company to let them start a project when another already existed :confused: