1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

WildStar

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Indecisive, 19 Jul 2013.

1. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

Looks like some good specs. There is thread on the forums that essentially says performance is a crap shoot at this point for many folks, so hopefully it is something they are working on.

2. I would hope so, those white balls of fps destruction at the exile beginning area are very annoying lol

3. DonkeySmiler

Lol yeah I was wondering what those were. The game is starting to grow on me. Not enough to pay to play, but I am enjoying it. It goes without saying, the game obviously needs a bunch of bug fixing/polishing. I'm a bit shocked they are going with a subscription model. It just seems that era is dead..... although I have not been paying that close attention, for all I know they have changed their minds and are doing a free to play approach. If it is subscription, I bet the game goes free to play in less than a year once released.

4. They are adopting a system akin to Eve, where you can either pay a monthly fee or buy game time via ingame currency.

explained in better detail here
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/business-model/

5. DonkeySmiler

That is an interesting approach. Thanks for the link!

6. Eporter

Eporter DragonWolf

I would definitely love to give this game a try if anyone else gets a beta key.

7. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I may or may not have received an email from EnCeeSofpt requesting my participation in a "strenss-tayste beyetta" this upcoming weekend.

So check your emails. You too may or may not have received one as well.

8. Sentrosi

Officer
    I've downloaded the game overnight and patched this morning.
    Ready to give this a whirl tonight. I think I'm gonna give the Spellslinger a try.
    I'll be in one of the Random Game channels tonight. Probably around 8:30pm Eastern. So if you're playing, look for me there.

9. Its a nice game, will I spend $15 a month and devote several hours to playing it....nope. But for those of you that are still into WoW or that style of MMO gameplay, you will enjoy it.

Last edited: 25 Feb 2014
  10. Sentrosi

Officer
    Played the Spellslinger. It's a fun class but I don't know. If we do get a small following g for it I may pick it up.

11. no wonder sent likes it, it reminds him of WoW....................................:eek:

12. Keys gone before could get one as usual

13. Last edited: 4 Mar 2014
  14. Although I have no interest in the game, I signed up for a key so somebody who wants it can give it a try. :D

7357-MCBX-GUVP-FZM8-XKZP

15. Thanks for the heads up on this. I was able to snag one.

16. I used Khrone's key but I signed up and got one to for anyone who wants.
    82BJ-28Z6-PH4E-7TXY-7JZH

17. Eporter

Eporter DragonWolf

Got to play it a bit yesterday and really enjoyed it. Anyone else going to play any when they start open beta?

18. Installing the open beta now. Will give it one more try. Don't think its gonna appeal though.

19. I like it, I just don't have the time n energy anymore to dedicate to a full blown MMO especially one I am paying for monthly.