1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

WoW has Dungeons now!

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Manitou, 11 Dec 2003.

1. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

2. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

Yeah.... this is the kinda stuff that gets me excited. Joining up with a group of CDLers and venturing inro a place like the one described sounds like so much fun.

3. BOO!!! I say BOO!!!

post pic's here......got beat down by the 5/3rd proxy hand of doom.

4. blizzard needs to release some more gameplay demos :disgust:

5. Hooboy, I know we (as in -CDL-) haven't decided on whether to play Alliance or Horde yet. That said, if dwarves are able to use their crazy-ass beards as some sort of weapon or maybe as a pet or something, I'm pretty sure all my characters are going to be dwarves.

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ScreenShot.aspx?ImageIndex=9&Set=49

6. pft they need dark elves to be a playable race even though they're not in warcraft at all... no game is complete without dark elves!

7. post pictures people...pictures....not links....*sighs* I can't see anything at work dealing with blizzard.

:cry:

8. Sorry FireZ, but I don't have a host for pictures. Plus I'm incredibly lazy, so I only looked around for a fansite that you could probably get to for about 10 seconds before getting bored.

But cheer up! Here's a picture that I can throw some img tags around!

[​IMG]

You can thank me later.

9. Jouster

Jouster DragonWolf

Wolf, you're golden man! s'why we love ya so much. (and I bet you thought it was just for all you're bawls!)

10. Just so nobody is confused, its actually spelled <a href="http://www.bawls.com" >bawls</a>.

11. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    You guys can have fun in some dark dungeon w/ little fairy trolls and dwarfs while I am killing someone with a machine gun.

12. well i am convinced that i want to go go alliance and be a elf hunter.

13. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

OMG they ruined warcraft. First they randomly allied the night elf with the alliance and the undead with the horde (they are going to have to put an amazing twist in the plot to not butcher the story). Now the Ogres which used to be two headed, and a hilarious unit http://www.battle.net/war3/neutral/ogres.shtml. Now they are just normal.

IMO I think this game is getting way too much attention. I mean it's still in Alpha and yet we are debating on what race to be.

I remember when I looked at star wars galaxies five months before it came out and the game sounded incredible with all kinds of vehicles, player created cities, and even battles in space that were "flight simulator like". 5 months later the game came out and none of those features were in and the game is now known to most as a smelly pile of crap.

The fact that the major people that used to work at blizzard left also doesn't give me high hopes about this game.

I'm sorry for being so negative, it's just that I have been caught up in the hype of many MMO's and they all ended up being a huge dissapointment. This one, to me, looks like it is following the same path as the others.

14. either way I think I want to be a Druid.....and they go tauren or Night Elf

15. DonkeySmiler

They are showing WoW at Gen Con (some conference in California)....... SO we should be getting some nice new info. However, one guy said he talked with one of the Blizzard reps and the game won't be out for like a year :(

Thread of one person who went to Gen con:
    http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=60985239&replies=61

16. That is fine with me as well....it will be a well tested game and possibly work properly out the door?.?.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2003
  17. DonkeySmiler

I can certainly be patient, and I am fully aware of Blizzard's track record with taking their time..... what makes me a little angry is saying that beta would be in Q4 of 2003. I would prefer them saying "beta will be out when it is ready" then actually quoting a time frame. Q4 is almost over and not only have the beta sign ups not started, but they have not even announced a delay.

Oh well, I guess we will all win in the end ;)

18. Dark elves! not purple elves :p those things look more like gay faries

anyways the only races worth playing are humans or undead and gnomes if you want to run around and look funny

19. DonkeySmiler

Blood elves are hopefully going to be in an expansion....... FEAR THE GNOMES!!!111!!!!