1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

WoW's upcoming expansion..

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Asp, 21 Oct 2011.

1. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    They're ripping off kung-fu panda :rofl:

Seriously I've never understood the fascination Blizzard had with Pandas in their backstory, it's practically Ewoks/Jar jar.. Just sounds stupid... I think they may have run out of decent ideas.. finally..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nyeZ8khSEC0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    wow :rofl:

I could have sworn they said it would never happen because Panda's were sacred to the Chinese :lol:

That video is what desperation looks like :lol:

CHALLENGE MODE

3. I was always a little curious about trying WoW.

Now... not so much.

4. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

:yawn:

5. Tbeast

Tbeast Recruitment Officer Officer Elder

Officer
    Mani is excited

6. Yeah that is pretty disappointing. I really wouldn't mind another good expansion just for 3-4 months of new game content to burn through then put the account back into hibernation until the next one. The last one was very solid. I'd be more than happy doing that for the next 10 years if they put out good expansions. I have always loved Monk classes though so still a chance I might get sucked into getting a level 90 Po. I just watched Kung Fu Panda 2 last night to. No where near as good as the first. It almost seemed like a made for tv or straight to dvd animation, very sad.

7. Who's most epic fantasy HASN'T been to be a panda? You guys are crazy - I don't know why they didn't make this sooner.

8. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    [raises hand]
    My epic fantasy is to fly the Death Star. I don't see anything involving pandas in my fantasy.

9. [​IMG]

Someone left this beat up prototype Death Star parked near Saturn.. they probably won't mind if you go joy riding :)

10. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    As long as someone doesn't mind me driving, where are the keys?
    Oh, and for all you backseat drivers out there...I got a garbage chute that needs cleaning.

That moon reminds me of a set of books I read a couple of years ago. Sci-Fi stuff that basically theorizes that the moon is actually a huge spacecraft that was a left over from an intergalactic war millions of years ago. In the not-too-distant future the "moon" picks up enemy readings on the outer fringes of our Galaxy. So now it needs to find a captain and picks an astronaut making a close pass to the moon. I won't spoil the rest of the book for you. Suffice to say that the book touches on things religious and political that makes it quite believeable.

11. I played the new content at blizzcon. The monk is like a combination of a rogue and a paladin. No auto-attack, everything requires a button to be pushed. There's two different sets of something similar to combo points. Plays a bit different than normal. The pandas also have some spiffy animations the old races do not have. There's some interesting changes that could make it interesting for a couple weeks at least.

They did say that this expansion is supposed to focus more on the war between the factions instead of a single villain such as illidan or arthas. Will be interesting to see how that comes about.

12. Is the Panda Alliance only? Monk?

13. They get to choose their side after finishing the starting zone from what i read.

14. That is correct

15. Lunar

Lunar Development Officer Officer

Officer
    in all seriousness, the videos from blizzcon, they are really listening to players, new talent trees that seem fantastic, awesome animations for every class and race, monks have no auto attack(pwn)

Its kinda funny they only get their act together when TOR is on the horizon threatening them

16. Looking forward to the expansion also, the graphics of the starting area were great! Not sure how I feel about the talent tree yet, but looks interesting.