1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

XFD Files?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Hyncharas, 29 Oct 2012.

1. I have an odd technical problem and was wondering if someone here had a solution. My father has been sent an .XFD file, which is a sort of form used by some areas of industry, where it requires the PureEdge Viewer.

The issue we have, however, is that it used to be available for windows, and since IBM acquired the company that makes this software, there's no trace of it for anything but the Mac, which we don't use. Does anyone know if there's an alternative program out there that be used to view these files?

Please Note: I made a mistake when posting this thread - it should be in General Discussion.

Last edited: 29 Oct 2012
  2. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

3. Well the colleague is a lawyer, so it needs to be in that format for technical reasons.

4. Thanks to Graniterok for his suggestions... after an hour of registering on IBM and then downloading and installing the software, I still couldn't read the file's data. From what I can tell they hadn't declared an element properly when they made the form; however, my XML is nowhere near that good to fix it anyway, as I don't have the schema.

In the end, my father was actually sent a .PDF version of the information, but it took that long to work out there are obviously some bugs in how IBM's form viewer handles XFD files.