1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Yet Another MMORPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by KaozReign, 10 Sep 2003.

1. HEADS UP TO ALL YOU JRR TOLKIEN FANS:

2004 - Middle Earth Online will be out. I can't remember the website but I believe Sierra has a bit of a hand in this game. The details seem sweet but I'm not sure what the graphics will look like (haven't had time to view screenshots).

As huge a fan of his work as I am, PS better improve 1000% or this game could very well pry me from PS.

2. Just read Legendary's post below.

Blame my space-out moment on 38 hours at work in 3 days.

3. And here I was gonna blame it on inbreeding...

4. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

I love Tolkein. Interesting...

5. Been there, done that Auntie.:D

Sure is Mani. If there's 1 author I can read time and time again and never get bored it's Tolkien. I'm currently reading both The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales.

6. Manitou

Yeah, me too. I have read the Hobbit and LoTR Trilogy a number of times and I never tire of them.

Here are some screens I found. Looks real good.
    MEO Screens

7. I dunno, I was a long time MERP (middle-Earth Role-Playing) guy, played more of that than Dungeons and Dragons in High School, am a tremendous LOTR fanatic, although not as much as I was in younger days, but I am nervous about this one for some reason. I think Turbine is stretched really, really thin.

8. Jouster

Jouster DragonWolf

I hope it dosen't fall into the same rut as Team Fortress 2....

9. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    This is one of those games like SWG that will never live up to what they are modeling it after

10. Quiet ye Tolkien blasphemer.;)

I'll try my damnedest to get into beta if I can. Then I can get a real opinion of it. Or if they have a "trial period" like PS did I'll give it a go then.

11. Manitou

I am going to try for beta as well.